What's new

Asus Captive Portal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Hey i was wondering if theres an addon for Captive Portal that requires them to login, is that a thing with asus routers and if so could i request this feature?

Yeah agreed its pretty cool i wish asus merlin had it ik the brt models have it but why doesnt he include it in merlin

The BRT-AC828, 4G-AC68U, 4G-AC86U, 4G-AX56 models all support captive portal.. A rather nice one from what I can see.
I wonder if those firmwares are also open source, and that capability could be ported into Merlin?

This would be nodogsplash, but I don't think it is in entware anymore. You'd probably have to compile it yourself.

My hostility to captive portals knows no bounds.

Are there any development in these functions? Im asked to maintain a router for a B&B and this would be awasome of we can have this.

You can get an rpi and run nodogsplash on it.

Seems it used to be part of entware as mentioned above, so in theory I guess it could be made into an addon for asus, by one of the smart addon making people.

It was also part of some firmwares as part of the guest network, as referred above.

Hope a smart addon person reads this.

@thelonelycoder @Jack Yaz any free time ? :) :)

Would be great if for nothing else than annoying my sister when she visits. (PLEASE ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND PAY HERE TO BE GRANTED ACCESSS TO THE BREAKINGDAD NETWORK)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!