What's new

Asus DDNS + AWS Route 53

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rudoyeugene

Occasional Visitor
Hi AsusWRT or whatever you named!

Recently I've discovered Asus native DDNS is not working 24/7. Shame on you! Had to move to no-ip instead. But...
I see there is Google domains support. Why not to do the sam but for AWS Route 53?! My guess many people have account and bought domain (s) there.
I'll be so happy if my own the best of the best and most lovely Asus Router RT-AX86u will appear as a part of my little AWS family :)))

Hi AsusWRT or whatever you named!

Recently I've discovered Asus native DDNS is not working 24/7. Shame on you! Had to move to no-ip instead. But...
I see there is Google domains support. Why not to do the sam but for AWS Route 53?! My guess many people have account and bought domain (s) there.
I'll be so happy if my own the best of the best and most lovely Asus Router RT-AX86u will appear as a part of my little AWS family :)))
There have been several DDNS services that would have been nice to have on Asus routers. Merlin firmware has better choices but not AWS. I am surprised Google is there but I feel there is little chance of AWS making it..
Changes to Asus happen infrequently. Several new adds were initially developed by the Merlin crew and have really improved Asus firmware!

Well, the only possible way now is to use Merlin with a custom script on the WAN IP change. But personally, I don't want to use custom firmware.
Luckily I have an Asustor NAS with portainer. I hope the solution will help someone else to use your owned domain for DDNS:

It's just so easy: source

IAM policy required by the container:

JSON:
{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Sid": "VisualEditor0",
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": [
                "route53:TestDNSAnswer",
                "route53:GetHostedZone",
                "route53:ListHostedZones",
                "route53:ChangeResourceRecordSets",
                "route53:ListResourceRecordSets"
            ],
            "Resource": "*"
        }
    ]
}

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!