What's new

Asus ddns public ip - rt88u pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lyxx

New Around Here
Hi everyone :)
I new here i try search my problem but i not found similiard.

I have problem with ddns - set on asus.com
I have in company two routers with stock fw asus rt88u pro with latest fw. Ddns working correctly - im on fixed ip adresses.

But i have in Home same router with same fw. But ip adress from provider is dynamic(public) changed every 12/24hour . When im not home and adress changed not work remote connect via asus app to router . When i go home and i loged in router with app and logout/or restarting router . Ddns work again. Why asus ddns not update ddns link to new ip? Bad config / or bug? or anyone helo me how setting for working correctly again?

I have in company two routers with stock fw asus rt88u pro with latest fw. Ddns working correctly - im on fixed ip adresses.

But i have in Home same router with same fw. But ip adress from provider is dynamic(public) changed every 12/24hour . When im not home and adress changed not work remote connect via asus app to router . When i go home and i loged in router with app and logout/or restarting router . Ddns work again. Why asus ddns not update ddns link to new ip? Bad config / or bug? or anyone helo me how setting for working correctly again?

Why are you using DDNS with a fixed IP at work?

At home, would probably need to see the logs, but the Asus DDNS service is not known to be great, there are other much better ones out there. Or perhaps the DDNS is working fine and the app is for some reason caching the IP. Have you tried doing an nslookup when it doesn't work and see if your IP has updated?

When you're at home (if on wifi) you should be connecting to the router's internal IP so that's not really a good comparison.

Does it ever work when you aren't home? Are you sure your carrier isn't using CGNAT?

FYI using the Asus app exposes you to potential security vulnerabilities due to having remote access enabled on your WAN. Make sure you are using a very strong username and password. Or, use a VPN and disable WAN access completely (is monitoring/managing the router while at work really that critical)?

In WAN/DDNS enable WAN IP and hostname verification and set Check every to 30 minutes which is the minimum time.

When your DHCP WAN address changes the DDNS will automatically get renewed within 30 minutes. Works here for me...

In WAN/DDNS enable WAN IP and hostname verification and set Check every to 30 minutes which is the minimum time.

When your DHCP WAN address changes the DDNS will automatically get renewed within 30 minutes. Works here for me...
Hi, :)
Wan ip and hostname verifi no option for ddns asuscomm.com only for other ddns services :/

It should do that without that setting. My ddns (dyn.org) updates within seconds of the WAN IP changing without that feature enabled.

I think the real issue is that Asus seems to have problems with lease times under 1 hour. In reality you shouldn't lose your IP as long as you are renewing it properly. Of course the ISP can force it to change but that is pretty rare. It seems that some Asus have like a minimum 1 hour renewal time so if your lease is 1 hour or less, it loses its lease.

Hi, :)
Wan ip and hostname verifi no option for ddns asuscomm.com only for other ddns services :/

Part of the reason the Asus DDNS service is no good, they don't want it to update or check frequently as that places extra load on their servers. From what I've seen here, it is not a very reliable service, especially if your IP changes often.

It should do that without that setting. My ddns (dyn.org) updates within seconds of the WAN IP changing without that feature enabled.

I think the real issue is that Asus seems to have problems with lease times under 1 hour. In reality you shouldn't lose your IP as long as you are renewing it properly. Of course the ISP can force it to change but that is pretty rare. It seems that some Asus have like a minimum 1 hour renewal time so if your lease is 1 hour or less, it loses its lease.
Dyn.org is from: https://account.dyn.com/ ??

IMG_1539.jpeg

Please what us the first , second - custom, 3rd static.

How use?

View attachment 53250

Please what us the first , second - custom, 3rd static.

How use?

Not even sure if the asus app will work with anything other than their own DDNS, so before going too far I would confirm that (does it let you put in a custom hostname)?

The first one is the only free service left from Dyn and is the one you'd use with "myaccount.dyn.com" but in actuality I think any of the 3 will work. I'm not even 100% sure it is free for new users anymore, I'm grandfathered in from about 20 years ago long before Oracle bought them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!