What's new

ASUS DSL-AC68U Disconnecting from Sky

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Footix

New Around Here
Hi, first post, so please excuse any noob questions!

I'm having a problem with my router disconnecting from my ISP. I'm running the 384.17_gnuton firmware, connecting to Sky Broadband in the UK.

Any ideas or hints would be gratefully received!

It sometime up for minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes days!

Here's a snip of the log if that helps:-

or here WOULD be a snip of the log if it would let me attach it

Things I'd check/try....
  1. Was your Sky connection stable before 384.17_gnuton and when/what firmware was this? - If there is a stable previous set-up rollback and add configurations one at a time and test each one before the next until you encounter the problem again.
  2. Do you have another router/can borrow one to verify that it's not a hardware fault with the router?
  3. Try changing the cables; particularly if they are old.
  4. Are you running any scripts? - As per 1 rollback and add each in turn.
  5. Are you using any QOS; specifically Adaptive QOS? - Known Issues with Adaptive QOS
  6. Are your settings in WAN > Advanced Settings for WAN IP Setting and WAN DNS Setting Auto or Manual? - If DNS is Auto try setting to Manual and try 1.0.0.1 / 1.1.1.1
  7. What is the setting in WAN > Account Settings for PPP Echo Interval and PPP Echo Max Failures? - Mine on Zen are 6/10 respectively.
Let us know how you get on...

Hi,
My guess is that iSP is trying to reassign to you a different IP which fails because.. i dunno :D
I have realeased a new beta which has the latest DSL firmware and DSL configs, hopefully that fixes your issue.

I tried the latest beta on my DSL AC 68 U but can't set up the VPN. I use a paid VPN, ExpressVPN, and with the original firmware I use the OpenVPN protocol. With the new GNUton beta I can't get it to go, it doesn't let me save the setting etc.