What's new

ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_38832

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

r0bbieNZ

Occasional Visitor
Got released

ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_38832 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
Security Fix and Improvement:
- Enhanced httpd for Reflected XSS.

New:
- New UI for Wireless Time Scheduling.
- New Ookla Internet Speedtest.

Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed the abnormal connection with load-balance mode when the Primary WAN is static.
- Fixed Network Map page issue when dual wan is enabled.
- Fixed and enhanced AiMesh related issues.
- Fixed memory leak issue.
- Enhanced for network map client type/name.
- Fixed Bandwdith Limiter of Guest Network in RE node.
- Enhanced nvram space usage.
- Added to configure DSL WAN interface MTU.
- Fixed speed meter of Bandwidth Monitor will disappear while traffic flow over 100 MB.
- Fixed DSL WAN add PVC failed issue.
- Fixed cannot update some DSL WAN PPPoE configuration issue in WAN > Internet page.

Updated and seems ok so far - here are the things ive noticed not working in the last two versions

* RDP seems to be dropping every few mins
* If you download the eicar test virus - the aiprotection doesnt stop it

Any one else comfirm?

Last edited:
Last version brokes the AiMesh network. The AP nodes (I have three dsl-ac68u, one "master" and two APs) don't work anymore. Rollback the APs to older version, all ok!
The "master" router can be upgraded, not the APs...

Last edited:
The 3.0.0.4.386_38832-ge7b654d update for DSL-AC68U appears to have broken Parental Controls->Time Scheduling. For any clients that have a schedule defined, seems to be block them at any time.

Also (my configuration has DSL-AC68U as router on 3.0.0.4.386_38832-ge7b654d and RT-AC6U as node on 3.0.0.4.385_20632-gfc5326d) if I try to disable roaming assistant for the 2.4GHz band, I get the popup below. Not seen this before.

Now find I get this same warning for quite a few changes from defaults (eg to turn off explicit beamforming). It was possible to make these changes to the AImesh configuration before without alerts that the RT-AC68U could not support.

Your RT-AC68U (Home) do not support this function. Your configurations might not work as expected. Please regularly check your firmware version of the node(s) are up-to-date.
Are you sure you want to continue?

Last edited:
The 3.0.0.4.386_38832-ge7b654d update for DSL-AC68U appears to have broken Parental Controls->Time Scheduling. For any clients that have a schedule defined, seems to be block them at any time.

Also (my configuration has DSL-AC68U as router on 3.0.0.4.386_38832-ge7b654d and RT-AC6U as node on 3.0.0.4.385_20632-gfc5326d) if I try to disable roaming ashistant for the 2.4GHz band, I get the popup below. Not seen this before.

Now find I get this same warning for quite a few changes from defaults (eg to turn off explicit beamforming). It was possible to make these changes to the AImesh configuration before without alerts that the RT-AC68U could not support.

Yes the same happened with me

Last version brokes the AiMesh network. The AP nodes (I have three dsl-ac68u, one "master" and two APs) don't work anymore. Rollback the APs to older version, all ok!
Same here with rt ac86u as master and dsl-ac68u node. Node found and linked but stayed off line.

Same here with 2 DSL-AC68Us, Master node can be updated but AP update results in broken AiMesh connection. Node can be found after multiple attempts but will result offline shortly after registering. How can we report this to Asus?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!