What's new

Asus DSL-AC68u - Google Store dowlnoads pending on WIFI but works on others

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ber31inger

New Around Here
Hi team,
hope you can help me as well - I am completely lost now and facing the same issue as described in this thread...google play store updates are stuck on Download pending or stuck at 99% and won`t move. I was on stock Asus firmware, so tried to move to GNUtons version but the issue was still there (I followed the instruction how to clean install). I even tried through the recovery option to upload the firmware, issue still there.
I went through probably 100 posts on various forums and tried every single step to solve this, but without luck.
QoS enabled/disabled, static IP, new SSIDs etc. but still nothing. I am 100% sure that the issue will be with the Wifi as when I go to my parents and logon to their network, the apps just got updated. I am using an DSL-AC68u in Slovakia, with VDSL and till 4-5 weeks ago it worked like a charm, and suddenly the updates stopped. Not just on my mobile, but on all the devices which are connected to my network. I reinstalled, resetet, tried various settings several times but without luck so I am hoping in your expertise to help me to solve this issue :-( Thank you in advance. Robert

What are your DNS settings on your router? Pointing to the ISP or something else?

What are your DNS settings on your router? Pointing to the ISP or something else?
Dear r0bbieNZ - I had default DNS settings when I tried several methods to get this working but yesterday also changed it to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but still the same result. Something must have happened past 3-4 weeks as we did not touch the router at all, but on all the devices google play store stopped downloading the apps. What I noticed is that for example when I am rebooting the router, when it boots up but not 100% complete but wifi is already available, the downloads on google store just starts, manages to get 1-2 apps updated and than it stops again. :-(

Attaching also my settings
upload_2020-4-18_9-14-37.png

upload_2020-4-18_9-14-3.png

I just tried, Google DNS, OpenDNS, but unfortunately no luck :-( still the same...I reboot my phone, clear the cache in Google Play Store and it downloads 1 app, than it stuck on the 2nd one and no more. I logged in again to a different Wifi (at the neighbor, same ISP) and it went without problems

an interesting fact I just noticed as well - When I try to update the Google Chrome app - it ALWAYS starts the download but it ALWAYS stops exactly on 6,01MB download...total it has 7,08MB....tired 20 times, always stopped at 6,01MB...if that helps to find a solution :-(

sorry for all the posts, but I am spending my Saturday morning to try several options :) What I found out..when I am connected to VPN, it works again, but obviously I do not want to use a VPN all the time but wanted to share so maybe help to find a permanent fix.

Dont use VPN on router and install it on the clients you want it, you even get much faster VPN-connections doing so and reset router to factory.

Dont use VPN on router and install it on the clients you want it, you even get much faster VPN-connections doing so and reset router to factory.
Thanks Grisu bit I don't think to install VPN on All devices would be a food resolution enough. I mean it was not needed till now and worked without VPN so the problem will be somewhere else. I did factory reset probably 20x without success :-( any other suggestions?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!