What's new

Solved ASUS DSL-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Teamvuj

New Around Here
Does anyone know if the I am able to use the RT-AC88U firmware upgrade on my DSL-AC88U?

I am trying to upddate my firmware to be able to configure nordvpn onto my router. It is being used in ethernet mode with a seperate dsl router as a bridge.

Sorry if this question has been answered already. I did a search of the forum and checked the sticky threads but could not see anything on there.
Thanks!

Some more searching turned up that the answer is no and not likely to get a DSL version ever...

I've got the same issue. Nice router, so is their any appetite to add DSL-AC88U to the Merlin lineup of firmware?
After a few back and forth with NordVPN, they are pointing to the OpenVPN version. Needs to be 2.4.x and I guess latest ASUS firmware is still 2.3.x.
Have you tried asking ASUS to add OpenVPN 2.4.x support in next version of firmware?

so is their any appetite to add DSL-AC88U to the Merlin lineup of firmware?
Never going to happen, as that model does not run Asuswrt but a custom/unique firmware.

Have not contacted ASUS about this one. Last time I tried to get tech support from them was bloody painful....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!