What's new

Asus DSL-N14U B1 firmware upgrade from 1.1.1.2_origintest_20161122

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amrhf

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have DSL-N14U B1 Modem/Router from Origin Broaband and it comes with:
DSL Driver Version FwVer:3.20.56.24_A_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2
Firmware Version 1.1.1.2_origintest_20161122

but no option to "UPGRADE" to any version (option is missing) as well as SSH option is missing.

I want to upgrade to latest one "ASUS DSL-N14U Firmware version 1.1.2.2_17 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)"
https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN14U/HelpDesk_Download/

Is there any way to load different firmware onto the router other than the one imposed by my ISP?

Last edited:
Hey,

You can by downloading the latest firmware from asus and then using the restore tool.

You can download the restore tool and instructions on the asus website.

Hi all,

I have DSL-N14U B1 Modem/Router from Origin Broaband and it comes with:
DSL Driver Version FwVer:3.20.56.24_A_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2
Firmware Version 1.1.1.2_origintest_20161122

but no option to "UPGRADE" to any version (option is missing) as well as SSH option is missing.

I want to upgrade to latest one "ASUS DSL-N14U Firmware version 1.1.2.2_17 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)"
https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN14U/HelpDesk_Download/

Is there any way to load different firmware onto the router other than the one imposed by my ISP?

Can't do it manually? Or maybe the imposed f/w is modified to suit the modem?

Had the same problem with Window 7 and even tried windows XP but nothing worked.
Windows kept saying network cable unplugged and the rescue software said invalid ip address when i put the router into recovery mode to do the firmware update.

Until i unplugged the network cable from port 1 on the router and plugged it into port 4. Bang, it worked first time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!