What's new

ASUS Firmware update problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thira

New Around Here
I have upgraded my network, replacing an ASUS AC68U router with a Netgear R7800 AC2600. I now want to use the ASUS AC68U have the AC68U set as an Access Point on my home network, and the network is up and running.

My problem: I have been unsuccessful in updating the present firmware 3.0.0.4.374_5656 to the latest Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149 on the AC68U. I have tried to restore and reset the AC68U, and then powering the unit off. The old firmware, 374_5656 is still there.

Any advice or help in updating the firmware to the latest version is welcomed.

A second question:
Is there any advantage to using a firmware such as dd-wrt? I am looking at dropping Direct TV and going to a streaming service such as YouTube TV, and want to have the best streaming on my network.

Thanks in advance!

You need to flash with an intermediate firmware to upgrade the partition size.
Your fw .5656 is coming from Stone age, you cant make the jump directly to the last 45149
Since 376.3626 is no more available to do that ont the Asus site,... flash your router first with 378.55 from merlin and after you can flash with the lastest
https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Release/

edit: You can , not " you can't " my bad :cool:

Last edited:
First post, but I have been trying to find an answer.

I have an Asus GT-AC5300 router, and it will not accept Merlin FW version 'RT-AC5300_384.11_alpha3-g417036f50b.trx'.

It -should-, I believe, as a supported partner developer. Correct?

I am on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 currently

First post, but I have been trying to find an answer.

I have an Asus GT-AC5300 router, and it will not accept Merlin FW version 'RT-AC5300_384.11_alpha3-g417036f50b.trx'.

It -should-, I believe, as a supported partner developer. Correct?

I am on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 currently

No, it won't. :(

The RT-AC5300 is though.

No 'GT' models are supported by RMerlin's firmware.

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

Ok, my bad, I read that as a packaging difference. Thanks. :)

So, inquiring minds want to know... will you be exchanging for an RT? :D

Assuming this is something of a catch-all "problems" post - I have an AC87U that won't upgrade to 384.10_2, at least not the second time around. I upgraded yesterday, ran into some trouble and rolled it back to 384.9. The problem was related to Stubby and DNS configuration, so I peeled that off and got things working again (on 384.9) and tried to upgrade again.

I've twice gone through the process of loading the trx and performing the upgrade yet the upgrade isn't sticking and I'm finding the system persists at 384.9. I'm not seeing a smoking gun in the logs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OK I figured it out - flashing on wired works fine, but not on wireless. That is literally the only variable I changed. All set here.

OK I figured it out - flashing on wired works fine, but not on wireless. That is literally the only variable I changed. All set here.

Yeah, I avoid wireless administration of devices... one less thing to go wrong.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!