What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 High ping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi, I'm trying this testing but getting an error... What am I missing?

Change the WAN DNS servers to 1.0.0.1 for Primary and 1.1.1.1 for Secondary.
  • Test that this is an improvement in the responsiveness of the network (browsing the net, etc.).
  • Reverse the primary and secondary as a further test. Note that these are Cloudflare servers.
  • If those DNS servers aren't improving your network experience, try using Quad9 servers instead, 9.9.9.9 and 149.112.112.112.
  • Or try using DNS servers of your own choosing such as services from Adguard, CleanBrowsing, Canadian Shield, or Google (ugh!).
  • Make sure to test both DNS servers in the Primary position (there can be a difference in latency, depending on your location and use density there).

Thanks,

Andrew
error.PNG

Leave the WAN Connection Type to Automatic and change just the WAN DNS Servers. :)

Thank you! Unless i select static IP, it doesn't allow me to enter the DNS servers:( Also, I have a new problem. After doing the full reset, selecting a new SSID and all... everything works but the 2.4Ghz radio is SUPER weak, so much so that many devices don't even pick it up... before that, it was the strongest band at around -20db... i've tried turning the 2.4ghz on and off again, changing channel...no luck.

The 'feature' that DNS servers are not available unless it is in Static IP mode, is reason enough, for me to return it. There is no point having such a limited 'router' in your network.

Was it fully reset? I'm not questioning your actions; I'm questioning the state the router is in. Does doing a reset in as many ways as possible (via reset button method, WPS button method, and via GUI method) allow you to enter DNS servers while in Automatic (DHCP) WAN mode? This may also fix the weak 2.4GHz band too.

I'm sorry I can't offer any further suggestions for you. The GT series routers and their GUI are not part of my main focus.

Thank you! I fixed it thanks to your help. I did a software reset but that only made things worse. I now did a hard reset with the WPS button method and that worked. 2.4Ghz still didn't return to its former glory of -22DB but it's in the low 30s so it's ok i suppose! i just use that band for IOT devices anyways.
Nope I can't figure out how to input a primary and secondary DNS server when in automatic mode.
Does anyone else who knows the AX11000 know how to do that?

Thank you! I fixed it thanks to your help. I did a software reset but that only made things worse. I now did a hard reset with the WPS button method and that worked. 2.4Ghz still didn't return to its former glory of -22DB but it's in the low 30s so it's ok i suppose! i just use that band for IOT devices anyways.
Nope I can't figure out how to input a primary and secondary DNS server when in automatic mode.
Does anyone else who knows the AX11000 know how to do that?
I am able to set DNS servers in Automatic mode. I am using a beta firmware but I am pretty sure it was working in older firmware also.
SmartSelect_20210104-043238_Chrome.jpg

Ahhh that worked! I just had to remove automatic DNS server settings for it to appear! Thank you so much Mohsha! question: are there any other settings that you changed in order to improve your AX11000's performance? And if so, how is its performance now?

Ahhh that worked! I just had to remove automatic DNS server settings for it to appear! Thank you so much Mohsha! question: are there any other settings that you changed in order to improve your AX11000's performance? And if so, how is its performance now?
I had issues with Production release firmwares but the Beta firmware has definitely made this router a lot better and AIMesh 2.0 has made connections with AC68U a lot stable both wired and wireless. I disabled AX on 2.4 channel to provide stability with legacy smart devices. I mainly followed recommendations on these forums for disabling few options in wireless to improve stability.

Thank you, I've been looking into the beta since your message. Have you seen improvements in the ghz #1 radio? On mine, it's kindof a weak radio compared to the second one. I have been considering disabling the AX channel on the 2.4 also but since my last hiccup with losing the 2.4 radio, i've been a bit hesitant. That being said, could you please point me to the recommendations post for which settings to change? The first change I'm making is adding those 2 DNS servers (thank you L&LD), but I'd love to benefit from your wisdom and others who've already posted about this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!