What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 - issues after firmware update to 3.0.0.4.386.43129

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anyone update to 44266 and got any issue?
Not yet. I have three updates I will have to perform. The one from 2-1-21, 41994 was a Beta version, is it safe to update that one? After that I have two more to get up to date. I guess I update each in order of the dates they came out. I have Nest Cameras so I have had problems in the past with updates where my Cameras would not operate properly due to speed issues from updates.

Not yet. I have three updates I will have to perform. The one from 2-1-21, 41994 was a Beta version, is it safe to update that one? After that I have two more to get up to date. I guess I update each in order of the dates they came out. I have Nest Cameras so I have had problems in the past with updates where my Cameras would not operate properly due to speed issues from updates.
Yeahh seems no issue for 3days running.waiting my xt8 to arrive and add as a node

Yeahh seems no issue for 3days running.waiting my xt8 to arrive and add as a node
What would you guys recommend....XT8 or RT-AX92U as nodes with the GT-AX11000?

I loaded 44266 and so far so good. I'm probably not as thorough as many of you folks, but I've had no problems at all with the new firmware for the AX11000.

I guess its xt8 since i dont want any of my band will be wifi 4 or wifi 5 in my wifi 6 setup.its because their wifi 6 5ghz-2 will be dedicated wireless backup and just left 2.4ghz as wifi 4 and 5ghz-1 as wifi 5 to use.but i saw many people got problem with xt8 firmware.its matter of time asus will fix it.but my friend with ax11000 doesnt have and problem with their xt8 setup as a node since 1 years ago.im waiting my xt8 arrive.cant talk much

I already had the RT-AC5300 so I used that to connect to my GT-AX11000 and all has worked. All the latest updates for both have been loaded and so far all is good.

So over the past month, I've been providing dumps, network traffic logs and network diagrams to ASUS. And yes, they did just fix the problem in 3.0.0.4.386.44266.

> Modified the DNS setting and router's DNS can be assigned to the LAN side DNS.

At the beginning, I didn't think WAN DNS played a part, but when I repeated my steps a third time, that narrowed it down. I could either have Internet, or use my local DNS. Not both.

I'm very happy with the fix, though I had to spend a significant amount of time with filling out lots of paperwork. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I just felt my time was better spent working with the support staff at Asus since it took a lot of my time.

Thank you for doing that legwork.

So over the past month, I've been providing dumps, network traffic logs and network diagrams to ASUS. And yes, they did just fix the problem in 3.0.0.4.386.44266.

> Modified the DNS setting and router's DNS can be assigned to the LAN side DNS.

At the beginning, I didn't think WAN DNS played a part, but when I repeated my steps a third time, that narrowed it down. I could either have Internet, or use my local DNS. Not both.

I'm very happy with the fix, though I had to spend a significant amount of time with filling out lots of paperwork. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I just felt my time was better spent working with the support staff at Asus since it took a lot of my time.
Thanks, I just updated to the 44266 last week, so far no problems.

Last edited:

Do you use the Instant Guard that Asus provides? Will it cause any problems once you activate?

I just wanted to personally thank you for your contribution to helping Asus become aware of some of the bugs in their firmware, which in turn helps the rest of us.

I appreciate your hardwork behind the scenes...very much appreciated!!!

So far, 44266 is working pretty good for me. I'm now seeing near 900Mpbs while connected with the 2.5Gb LAN port while the GT is in wireless bridge mode. Prior versions were seeing around 400Mpbs. I haven't tried router mode yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!