What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 WAN Disabled after editing LAN settings - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abray1978

New Around Here
I just bought a new GT-AX11000 and set it all up without issue - great router!

Once I had everything set up, I upgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_9566

What I have noticed since upgrading is every time I go in and made a change under Advanced Settings -> LAN (for instance, DHCP reservations, etc.) - it will disable the WAN connection. I either have to go in and toggle from Enabled to Disabled and back, or pull the cable and re-insert it to bring the WAN connection back online. This didn't happen on the base firmware that the device came with - _6### something.

I took back the router and replaced with another GT-AX11000 and again everything worked until upgraded to 9566

I've attached the logs and the last entry shows that the WAN connection was "exceptionally" disconnected.

Code:
Aug 18 11:19:06 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.

Attachments

• RouterLog.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 259
Try flashing the firmware you want to use and then doing a full reset afterward. The M&M Config guide in the last couple of paragraphs in the link below may help (you can ignore any RMerlin specific steps).

I can't quite remember now but the last several firmware releases have had problems.
I'm not sure about the DHCP reservations problem you describe, I've seen it a lot but
try rev 6436, I think that was the last best firmware IIRC.

Thanks everyone. I've submitted feedback to Asus through the router itself. I will stick at the current firmware for now as the workaround is easy to deal with. Hopefully Asus will release a fix in the future.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!