What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34791

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can't update from 3.0.0.6.102_21514, via app/web ui/manually.
Hash checked.
I rebooted several times but it still not works.
Double the model name of the router on the back or bottom of the unit to ensure you are obtaining the correct firmware file for your model.

I don't know if I miss something.. I did a full reset when installed this new fw. But I cant get vpn server working so I can get access to my router from anywhere. I've activated wireguard, I created a profile and took a photo of qr code in wireguard app in my android phone. When I activate the vpn in the phone I can see in router im logged in but I'm not able to reach anything. It's not even possible to surf at all. What am I missing..
Are you using the WireGuard app?
I'm not having any issues with it.
Does Instant Guard work?

I haven't really changed any settings either.
Screenshot_20240525-224627.png

Last edited:
On a little tangent - do you definitely have a GT-AX6000, or are you seeing just AX6000 witten somewhere and assuming there's a GT in front? It's easy to do - my RT-AX88U says AX6000 on the box as well as the model number.
Excuse me if I'm way off, but we do see newer users confusing model with specification.
IMG_1772.jpeg

Definitely it's a GT-AX6000. I think maybe there's something wrong with the last update so I can't upgrade or downgrade now.

Tried mine, AI Protection is not working at all, no hits, no blocking pages that mentioned above nothing.

Tried mine, AI Protection is not working at all, no hits, no blocking pages that mentioned above nothing.

Works well in my case.
I'm also testing the parental conrtrol/adblock function and it seems to work quite well for dns filtering

FYI - The "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed from the ASUS GT-AX6000 Wireless router with this firmware update version: 3.0.0.6.102_34791 dated 05/22/2024, due to a "necessary SDK security upgrade"?

I hope ASUS is planning to add the "WIFI RADAR" functionality back again as soon as possible within another firmware update.

See the ASUS notification within the below URL.
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1032598/

FYI - The "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed from the ASUS GT-AX6000 Wireless router with this firmware update version: 3.0.0.6.102_34791 dated 05/22/2024, due to a "necessary SDK security upgrade"?

I hope ASUS is planning to add the "WIFI RADAR" functionality back again as soon as possible within another firmware update.

See the ASUS notification within the below URL.
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1032598/
FYI. No need to make multiple posts about it.

up and running the new firmware. I tried to upgrade via the app but it told me I had to be in the local area network. Strange never had to before?

working good so far, snappy just like the beta.

Uptime

2 days 20 hour(s) 50 minute(s) 4 seconds

Did you included the AIProtection toggle at the top?

Mine is off, if I go to enable it I get a Trend Micro agreement which I declined so it’s still off.

The tests sites like http://wrs41.winshipway.com/ are not being blocked by the router for me.
FYI - I have the protection enabled and those test sites aren't getting blocked either. The TrendMicro UI is not present, it's just a text notice like in their example (what a confusing way to test something).
Looking at protection history here it seems to block real sites though. If you want one of the URLs to test your own protection status, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

By the way - is anyone else having issues with ASUS DDNS? I'm new to their routers, but it never worked for me consistently. I got the Let's Encrypt free certificate, and my DDNS Status as Active, but somehow it comes and goes as it pleases - either by encryption status in my browser, or by the DDNS page being accessible at all.

I decided to swap my router and node around and put both back on stock firmware as I was curious and wanted to test things out. I will say that I am pleasantly surprised, it runs (mostly) well and I experienced no major hiccups. In my experience, I think it is more responsive than 3.0.0.6.102_33308 on the AX88U Pro despite it being identical hardware. Its not perfect, but maybe I am just a bit spoiled after getting used to Merlin.

I think that this is the 3.0.0.6 release we should have gotten last year when the pro firmware first came out for the GT-AX6000. The last firmware release needed more time in the oven - I would have rather waited one year on stable 3.0.0.4 firmware to get 102_34791 as the initial release rather than getting 102_21514 and having to wait a year for bug fixes.

New functionality, it seems to work quite well. Default server, 4 blacklist.
1717170183935.png

My router rebooted on its own at about 2:28 am which I’ve never seen it do. It looks like it did some kind of update as I see in the logs a percentage count from 0 to 100% and the following log, but the firmware hasn’t changed. I do have auto-updates enabled, but it’s set for 3 am, not 2:30 am.

I never had the prior firmware just randomly reboot.

Is this an update? Is there something else in the log that would indicate an update?
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Reset the processors to start execution of the code in the on-chip memory
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Verify that the processors are running: OK
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Verify that the firmware has been loaded with good CRC: OK
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Firmware loading completed successfully: v2.2.8
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Loading firmware into detected PHYs: map=0x20000 count=1
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Halt the PHYs processors operation
Dec 31 19:00:27 kernel: Upload the firmware into the on-chip memory: file=/rom/etc/fw/longfin_a0_firmware.bin size=294708

up and running the new firmware. I tried to upgrade via the app but it told me I had to be in the local area network. Strange never had to before?
Are you on a CGNAT? That caused all kinds of problems for me, but I could apply to get an external IP address from my ISP and after that everything in the app works as it should.

By the way - is anyone else having issues with ASUS DDNS? I'm new to their routers, but it never worked for me consistently. I got the Let's Encrypt free certificate, and my DDNS Status as Active, but somehow it comes and goes as it pleases - either by encryption status in my browser, or by the DDNS page being accessible at all.
Nope, works as it should, at least once I got around being behind a CGNAT as above.
It was not working before that.

Me, having actively messed something up yesterday decided to try the official firmware - which has also involved setting PiHole back up on an SBC. So far so good, though to get DDNS up and running I've had to create a modified /jffs/configs/inadyn.conf (using Vi which I hate with a passion).
I'm now considering just how I set up working IoT in isolation with a long term plan! Coming up with a schema that works seems a bit like playing 4D chess - I think @L&LD may have warned about this!

My router rebooted on its own at about 2:28 am which I’ve never seen it do. It looks like it did some kind of update as I see in the logs a percentage count from 0 to 100% and the following log, but the firmware hasn’t changed. I do have auto-updates enabled, but it’s set for 3 am, not 2:30 am.

I never had the prior firmware just randomly reboot.

Is this an update? Is there something else in the log that would indicate an update?

longfin_a0 appears to be a firmware for one of the radios. There are a few references over the last couple years of people seeing this update occur. Seems to be to v2.2.8 each time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!