What's new

ASUS GT-AXE11000 Vs Netgear RAXE500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Range extender when used with ASUS GT-AXE11000 as the Router:
(Low signal) 1 bar

P_20230324_230157.jpg

======================================================================
Range Extender when used with Netgear RAXE500 as the Router:
(Excellent Signal) 3 bars

P_20230325_102159.jpg

1st pic- As you can see from the above, the WifI signal in the room is pretty darn weak with ASUS GT-AXE11000 on the same channel (CH 48) on 5Ghz to the 4x4 MU-MIMO AC2600 WiFi extender (D-Link DAP-1860)

2nd pic- Netgear RAXE500 WiFi router distributes solid WiFi signal even in the room.
It's hard to believe the big difference when the power is almost similar on both the routers with identical conditions.

Right ..Netgear makes good stuff when it works. But I couldn't see spending 300+ on router with only 90 days of support and no wait to even report a bug.

Right ..Netgear makes good stuff when it works. But I couldn't see spending 300+ on router with only 90 days of support and no wait to even report a bug.
You can still use the community forum, I have used it many times, but I do agree with you, Netgear has been having lots of bugs lately with their new routers. The last best thing that ever came out from Netgear was the R7800.
It provides solid WiFi tho.

LOL the NG community forum... Usually in the case of a firmware bug its everyone reporting "me too".. with no NG employees or representation. Occasionally maybe once every 3 months one may see a NG person reply and then we poor folks think its a NG support forum. It was there I saw NG ignoring or staying silent about a large bug that I decided, perhaps, they did not care.

LOL the NG community forum... Usually in the case of a firmware bug its everyone reporting "me too".. with no NG employees or representation. Occasionally maybe once every 3 months one may see a NG person reply and then we poor folks think its a NG support forum. It was there I saw NG ignoring or staying silent about a large bug that I decided, perhaps, they did not care.
I'm wondering if getting a NAS is worth the investment, since I might move to my home country if things don't improve where I'm at currently.
The RAXE500 has been having the samba issues on Android.
The USB transfer or even playing back Dolby Atmos or high bitrate file when using the SMB protocol seems to be problematic on Android.

I tried Netgear's support and I got a reply with some random links to use a different SMB version for desktop.

I remember, at least on Asus GT-AXE11000, there was an option to enable both smbv1 + smbv2 or either one of them.
The newer Netgears are all buggy.

I got really upset with the poor WiFi signal on the ASUS GT-AXE11000, so then I bought another router as you know, the Netgear RAXE500, which is a superb router and worth the money from Amazon.
weird, I got ASUS GT-AXE11000 and the WiFi signal works quite well!
maybe our Wi-Fi environment is really different

weird, I got ASUS GT-AXE11000 and the WiFi signal works quite well!
maybe our Wi-Fi environment is really different
There is a manual inside the box, just check the transmit power on it. For me it stated, 192 mW 22 dbm, yours must be higher.

This is the long range test on the 5 Ghz band with the ASUS ROG 6 phone as the client which supports WiFi 6/6E
WOW!
I'm happy!
I'm very happy!
My RT-AX56U is better than GT-AXE11000 and RAXE500!

The test was done using the Samsung S22 Phone connected to 5Ghz WiFi 6 Band on Asus RT-AX56U. ISP connection speed 300Mbps/50Mbps.
Through 1 wall:

Through 2 walls:

Honestly
I test with Lan Speed Test on my Desktop
Point to point to my NAS 1 Gb file size
I cant control the ISP Speed test environment and neither can anyone else..........
II feel this gives a fair comparison when making changes ... But testing will still fluctuate due to environment.

Now Im waiting for WiFi 7 LMAO

Attachments

• LAn speed.PNG
    LAn speed.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Mumimo On.PNG
    Mumimo On.PNG
    179.5 KB · Views: 13
Honestly
I test with Lan Speed Test on my Desktop
Point to point to my NAS 1 Gb file size
I cant control the ISP Speed test environment and neither can anyone else..........
II feel this gives a fair comparison when making changes ... But testing will still fluctuate due to environment.

Now Im waiting for WiFi 7 LMAO
Most of the time the speed of the isp is constant, what matters is, which router performs better at further distance.

In my case, the Netgear RAXE500 just simply outperformed the Asus GT-AXE11000, but Netgear isn't a perfect machine either, there is a bug on the RAXE500 with SMB protocol with Android devices wherein, transfer speeds are approximately 3 MB/sec which means streaming 4k with High bitrate audio is going to have issues.

ASUS on the other hand, when I had was much better at USB attached storage transfer over WiFi but had poor performance on longer range. My clients had low signal when they were like 8-10m away from the Asus router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!