What's new

ASUS GT-AXE11000 Vs Netgear RAXE500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

WiFi-6 5Ghz test on both the routers.

The thing that no one will tell you, Netgear is a much better router if you want better WiFi Performance and Asus is better feature-wise.
This has been my experience since the very beginning, when WiFi 5 routers were around.

EDIT: This is the long range test on the 5 Ghz band with the ASUS ROG 6 phone as the client which supports WiFi 6/6E

Video:

Last edited:
I told you already - everyone's Wi-Fi environment is different. We live in different countries under different RF emissions regulations, our same model routers are tuned differently to obey local rules, our homes are built from different materials, they have different configuration decorated with different furniture, we have different number and type devices on our networks, some of us live close to airports, weather stations and military bases, others in the middle of nowhere. What your video shows is one particular router doing better job to one particular client somewhere in the world. Nothing else.

My netgear routers performed well but when I had a problem there was no solution from netgear short of third party firmware. Both routers were unsupported by netgear after 90 days.

I told you already - everyone's Wi-Fi environment is different. We live in different countries under different RF emissions regulations, our same model routers are tuned differently to obey local rules, our homes are built from different materials, they have different configuration decorated with different furniture, we have different number and type devices on our networks, some of us live close to airports, weather stations and military bases, others in the middle of nowhere. What your video shows is one particular router doing better job to one particular client somewhere in the world. Nothing else.
I don't think you have seen my previous thread, where I have stated the Intel AX210 having issue dropping speeds when the router was set to 80 MHz @ 5Ghz being in the same room as router. This is not just 1 client getting poor performance. Both the laptop and phone seemed to get results much worse than the Netgear RAXE500.

Another thing, my phone is ASUS the same brand as the router, and it's their Flagship phone, so it's supposed to be a perfect match, but unfortunately the Netgear walks all over the ASUS router for performance

I didn't mention this, but the signal strength even in the same room seemed to be a bit less, -45 dBm to -47 dBm with the ASUS GT-AXE11000 (Latest Firmware).

My netgear routers performed well but when I had a problem there was no solution from netgear short of third party firmware. Both routers were unsupported by netgear after 90 days.
I totally agree with you on this, they couldn't resolve the UPnP issue on the RAX80 and blamed my modem for this which is funny.
So, I had to get rid of this router and try another brand, which is ASUS but even that didn't go well, so instead I got the most powerful offering from Netgear.
The UPnP is working fine with the RAXE500 and the 160 MHz signal is quite good. Even in the room I get around 300 - 400 Mbps speeds on the 5 GHz band.

Last edited:
Another plus for Asus is their routers usually have a 2 yr warranty vs 1. But ya. My coworker has an x6 r8000 or something and he is satisfied with it.

Another plus for Asus is their routers usually have a 2 yr warranty vs 1. But ya. My coworker has an x6 r8000 or something and he is satisfied with it.
2 Year warranty is because, their radios are known to fail either immediately or after sometime. In the past many have experienced this with their Asus Routers. This issue doesn't come up with Netgear.
But Netgear has very little to offer on the UI side.

2 Year warranty is because, their radios are known to fail either immediately or after sometime.

So not true.

Yes, some may have issues (and are very vocal online about it). But certainly not the norm.

2 Year warranty is because, their radios are known to fail either immediately or after sometime. In the past many have experienced this with their Asus Routers. This issue doesn't come up with Netgear.
But Netgear has very little to offer on the UI side.
Couldn’t say honestly. Years ago I had a dLink dir-655 until fw support was discontinued. Then an Asus rt-n66u which is still going as an AP and now an asus ac68u. Maybe I’ve been lucky? But my experience has been pretty limited though.

2 Year warranty is because, their radios are known to fail either immediately or after sometime.
If that were true, then the manufacturer would reduce the warranty period, not increase it, which leads to costing them more.

Longer warranty periods typically appears for products that are known to be more reliable.

This thread is pointless. If I take the two exact routers at home and test with my client the results are going to be different. I don't know which one will "win" the race. Every manufacturer has excellent successful models and lemons regardless of included warranty period. In EU the minimum warranty required is 2 years. In Canada most stores sell Asus routers with 1 year warranty because here in North America this is the minimum required. I would rather pick Asus or Netgear with 1 year warranty than Wiflyer or Speedefy with 3 years warranty. The brand/company may not exist after 3 years.

If that were true, then the manufacturer would reduce the warranty period, not increase it, which leads to costing them more.

Longer warranty periods typically appears for products that are known to be more reliable.
By that logic, Hyundai/Kia motors are offering 10 year warranty, which is more than their Japanese counterpart, so it automatically makes them more reliable?

Last edited:
By that logic, Hyundai/Kia motors are offering 10 year warranty, which is more than their Japanese counterpart, so it automatically makes them more reliable?
Maybe? I know nothing about cars. If the reasons for a longer warranty aren't legal, then they must be driven by business reasons. All I can talk about are consumer electronics, which I am familiar with.

Hyundai/KIA/Genesis - both marketing reasons AND significant reliability improvements over the years. It was possible to get Hyundai/KIA before for cheap just off-lease 3-4 years old and under 60-80K km. Not anymore. Mitsubishi is offering 10 years warranty for pure marketing reasons. Trying to survive with endless joint ventures for years. Their current SUV models are rebadged and restyled Nissan. Toyota doesn't need to offer such long warranty. They can sell more cars than they can manufacture anyway. Luxury cars are in different segment - no one buys Rolls Royce for reliability. Sports cars are in different segment - no one buys a Ferrari with intentions to drive it 300K km.

Maybe? I know nothing about cars. If the reasons for a longer warranty aren't legal, then they must be driven by business reasons. All I can talk about are consumer electronics, which I am familiar with.
It was just about Korean vs Japanese cars, but anyways, getting back to the topic.....

Assuming you're from the US/Canada and have hands on experience with US/Canadian version of ASUS routers, have you had the chance to compare it with UK/EU version ? Especially the new Wifi 6/6e?

What about the transmit power on lower channels?
Netgear mentions in their RAXE500's manual, that the transmit power is around 195mW for the lower channels, but even with this much power, I'm hitting 283 and sometimes 480 mbps in the room which is around 13m (42 ft) away from the router.
On the other hand, ASUS does not mention about the transmit power, but let me recheck to confirm it.
The WiFi signal from the Asus AXE11000 to the room is quite low on both 80 mhz & 160 mhz.

Last edited:
Tx power follows the regulations. In EU/Canada it's up to 200mW. In the US it's up to 1000mW. Upper channels available in US/Canada up to 1000mW, not available in EU or limited to 25mW. How well specific home router or access point will work with specific client is not Tx power related only. In my experience Netgear routers have excellent hardware and R7800 was one of the best range AC-class routers around, but Qualcomm based. Routers based on Broadcom BCM4366(E) all had excellent range - Archer C2300, RT-AC86U, etc. In my experience AX-class routers trade range for speed. There is no other way - more channels bonding and higher QAM needs better SNR. They can offer equal or less range compared to AC routers, but higher speeds closer. Also in my experience Qualcomm based products are usually better than Broadcom, but Broadcom is cheaper and more commonly found in home products. I was impressed by AC Wave 2 MediaTek SoC used in some very cheap routers. Archer C80 for $50 has better range than RT-AX86U for $250 in my environment. The product is not hardware only though - it's hardware + software. You just have to find your balance between the two. As I said reviews or opinions from different regions may not apply to you. Unfortunately, without trying yourself you won't know what works best.

@RMerlin Just found out both of their Tx power:

ASUS GT-AXE11000 {channel 36-48 = 22.84 dbm (192 mW) }

P_20230331_212821.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Netgear RAXE500 {channel 36-48 = 22.9 dbm (195 mW) }

P_20230331_213601.jpg

With similiar Tx powers there is a drastic difference in speeds. The signal of both the bands i.e 5 Ghz and 6 Ghz are stronger on the Netgear RAXE500.
I can also change the Region to Australia and then select channel 161, but I have to step down to 80 Mhz for the wifi channel 161 to appear, whereas on the ASUS, nothing.
Netgear has certainly designed their router better. The Asus on the other other hand with 8x Antennas and bulkier appearance doesn't seem to justify the price tag for the WiFi performance alone. It may be only good for gaming, that too if you're closer to the router for low latency.

Last edited:
Tx power follows the regulations. In EU/Canada it's up to 200mW. In the US it's up to 1000mW. Upper channels available in US/Canada up to 1000mW, not available in EU or limited to 25mW. How well specific home router or access point will work with specific client is not Tx power related only. In my experience Netgear routers have excellent hardware and R7800 was one of the best range AC-class routers around, but Qualcomm based. Routers based on Broadcom BCM4366(E) all had excellent range - Archer C2300, RT-AC86U, etc. In my experience AX-class routers trade range for speed. There is no other way - more channels bonding and higher QAM needs better SNR. They can offer equal or less range compared to AC routers, but higher speeds closer. Also in my experience Qualcomm based products are usually better than Broadcom, but Broadcom is cheaper and more commonly found in home products. I was impressed by AC Wave 2 MediaTek SoC used in some very cheap routers. Archer C80 for $50 has better range than RT-AX86U for $250 in my environment. The product is not hardware only though - it's hardware + software. You just have to find your balance between the two. As I said reviews or opinions from different regions may not apply to you. Unfortunately, without trying yourself you won't know what works best.
Yes you're right, if you set the Netgear R7800 to channel 161, it will still connect at around 650 Mbps of link speed across 2 concrete walls.
This is my experience, so far with it. This will wary for each person but R7800 is surely one of the best AC2600 class router.

Linksys hydra uses a Qualcomm chip too, btw.

still connect at around 650 Mbps

So why do you want to replace it? As you see the new expensive routers don't give you any substantial return of investment. I still use excellent quality AC access points and have no intention to throw money in theoretical upgrades and chasing speedtest numbers. I also have in use Synology RT2600ac router - the same hardware as Netgear R7800, but with better software. No intentions to replace this one either and I won't trade it for any Asus router.

So why do you want to replace it? As you see the new expensive routers don't give you any substantial return of investment. I still use excellent quality AC access points and have no intention to throw money in theoretical upgrades and chasing speedtest numbers. I also have in use Synology RT2600ac router - the same hardware as Netgear R7800, but with better software. No intentions to replace this one either and I won't trade it for any Asus router
I did not replace the Netgear R7800, I just moved the R7800 to the room.
I bought the RAX80 Netgear few months back, which had the UPnP issue since the very beggining and couldn't open ports for my P2P apps. I could've manually opened ports for this, but didn't bother to.

So, then I decided to get the latest WiFI 6E which as you know was the ASUS GT-AXE11000, UPnP worked well, but WiFi signal was too weak in the room compared to the Netgear RAX80, and as you know in the UAE, once you open any item purchased, you cannot return it back to the store.

I got really upset with the poor WiFi signal on the ASUS GT-AXE11000, so then I bought another router as you know, the Netgear RAXE500, which is a superb router and worth the money from Amazon.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!