What's new

Release ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386_49533 (2022/07/05)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnClar

Regular Contributor
My GT-AXE16000 just updated to this version: 3.0.0.4.386_49533. This version is not yet listed on the ASUS web site. Is anyone aware of any release notes for this version?

Release notes can be found by clicking on the link next to Current Version on the Firmware Version tab on the router GUI.

Release notes can be found by clicking on the link next to Current Version on the Firmware Version tab on the router GUI.

Should that be 'select the new version link for its release notes'? I think the current version listed is not linked... but I have not seen every model. So once installed, there is no new version link anymore.

OE

Last edited:
Version 3.0.0.4.386.49533

2022/07/05 61.75 MBytes

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.49533
1. Fixed GUI bugs
2. Improved system stability

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.

I am happy to report that after the firmware was upgraded on both routers I am finally connected at 10gig on the mesh node after manually rebooting the node and using one of the 10 gig ports. Yay!!! I am a happy camper now.

Attachments

• 10 gig yay.JPG
    10 gig yay.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 147
My GT-AXE16000 just updated to this version: 3.0.0.4.386_49533. This version is not yet listed on the ASUS web site. Is anyone aware of any release notes for this version?
I just got the router today. This thing is ginormeous!

I dont know anything about release notes....I was wondering the same thing myself

I wonder if they forgot some secret add-in for tracking or enabling something from the factory

I just got the router today. This thing is ginormeous!

I dont know anything about release notes....I was wondering the same thing myself

I wonder if they forgot some secret add-in for tracking or enabling something from the factory
What are the axe16000 physical dimensions?

EDIT: I found these:
10.4 x 10.4 x 2.9 in

That is positively huge! It does have four radios though.

This does not seem to fix the GT-AXE16000 hogging all the devices from the other mesh nodes even if you bind the device to another node. It surprisingly is not affecting normal use though.

updated to this before i got to use it, seems like i have some major UPLOAD issues
i have fios gigabit, and i get 850/25
i just upgraded from the gt-ax11000 and i had no speed issues before, had 850/850

I did some roaming testing with sensitivity set to -50 and found it to be working ok actually. It's just a bit slow but it does connect to the closer router. Tried different values but found -50 to -55 roaming assist to be working well in my environment.

I did some roaming testing with sensitivity set to -50 and found it to be working ok actually. It's just a bit slow but it does connect to the closer router. Tried different values but found -50 to -55 roaming assist to be working well in my environment.
hmm, I am not sure why this is happening either. This started happening with my ax89x before I upgraded to the axe16000 too. this all started in May after I updated the ax89x to Version 3.0.0.4.386.47191. However, for the axe16000, this was happening out of the box and have persisted after firmware updates. see below I have a tuya device that has only 1 bar on the axe16000 main router. It is currently bound to the ax89x, however no matter what I do it would not switch to the ax89x or rp-ac1900 even though it would have nearly full signal since it is close to the ax89x node. Also I am unable to find the setting that allows you to set the signal strength where it would start roaming can you tell me where I can find that?

Attachments

• firefox_zkhs2iuRBk.png
    firefox_zkhs2iuRBk.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 81
  • firefox_Ntm1kwCvTC.png
    firefox_Ntm1kwCvTC.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 81
Yes you have to go to the wireless settings and then go to the professional tab. There you can adjust the roaming assist setting. Mine's at -45 for now but will prob put it to -50.

Attachments

• pro.JPG
    pro.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 93
@Plak Oh sorry there seems to be a misunderstanding. I am having trouble with 2.4ghz devices not 5ghz. In fact most if not all of my 5g devices are working great.

New issue I noticed, if I turn off the 2.4ghz band on the axe16000, all the other bands turn off as well.

Anyone know whether this router will get the new 388.x firmware?

I won’t even consider it until that’s confirmed.

Of course it will, there's just no ETA yet as releases are staged in waves.

Of course it will, there's just no ETA yet as releases are staged in waves.

Eric are you going to do another round of 386 updates ? I thought maybe you may be waiting for the 388 GPL before taking on another release. Just curious because its been over a month and not even a Alpha build other then 3 high end models.

And the last word was the end of the year/early next year for a (major) RMerlin release.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!