What's new

ASUS Introductions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I noticed the RT-AC66U was released today, nice! Does it come with AiCloud or do we have to wait?

AiCloud won't launch until the end of August. See Asus's note on this on the RT-AC66U download page, on the changelog for the latest 3.0.0.4.164 firmware they just released for it:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-AC66U&p=11&s=2

Yes, I am sorry but we are still working on a few things before we release AiCloud. We ask that you kindly be patient as we work through the testing phase.

Hello everybody on SmallNetBuilder forums!

My name is Jeremy and am part of the newly formed ASUS Customer Loyalty team. I am here as a representative of ASUS to help you with any customer service needs. You can ask me any questions about troubleshooting, product specifications, or just try me and I'll see what I can do.

I will be cruising around the wireless networking forum mostly so I hope to help you out in any way that I can.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Niice to have an Asus personnel on this informative site!
Welcome!

Hello everybody on SmallNetBuilder forums!

My name is Jeremy and am part of the newly formed ASUS Customer Loyalty team. I am here as a representative of ASUS to help you with any customer service needs. You can ask me any questions about troubleshooting, product specifications, or just try me and I'll see what I can do.

I will be cruising around the wireless networking forum mostly so I hope to help you out in any way that I can.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Glad to see someone from Asus here. Might want to stroll through the AC66 thread:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=45192

I've shelved these units. Read my post and you'll know why.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=45192&postcount=13

I am here as a representative of ASUS to help you with any customer service needs. You can ask me any questions about troubleshooting, product specifications, or just try me and I'll see what I can do.

Do you have some secret informations regarding the annex of Austria by Australia? As an inhabitant of Austria I would be very happy if ASUS could part their secret informations with us - I just have to pay very high taxes in some days so any information that will free me from my obligation to pay them to Austrian authorities would be welcome :)

Now, joking aside: from the very first beginning ASUS (or at least with FW .108 upwards) has put the entries for 3G ISP providers in Austria to the bottom of the ISP-entries for Australia although there are no kangaroos in Austria :)

Using USB modem as connection to Internet the entries for "Austria" are missing at the first glance when you try to enter "Location" at USB-Modems-Page. But if you select "Australia" as "Location" and take a look to the bottom of "ISP providers" you will find the correct ISP-entries for Austria...

(See attachment - the entries "A1", "3", "Orange", T-Mobile Austria" and "YESSS" will lead you to genuine Austrian ISP providers...)

Same issue you can find in the firmware for RT-N56U btw...

Regards
Gerald

Attachments

• Cap-120803-02.png
    Cap-120803-02.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 418
Thanks Jeremy for being on the forum.

I have 2 requests from asus.

The first is with wireless connections, It would help out if the connection mode was a sortable field when listing attached devices. This would help me identify and weed out the old stuff.

Second, I would like a LAN only router that matches the capabilities of the RT-66U. Its too expensive to but a 66 or 56 just for lan. Maybe just update the RX3041 to gigabit. Our router is in a place that the wireless is useless so the AC66u is an access point in the center of the house.

Glad to see someone from Asus here. Might want to stroll through the AC66 thread:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=45192

I've shelved these units. Read my post and you'll know why.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=45192&postcount=13

Thank you, yes, we are currently working on fixing the issues that you and others have presented. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but please know that your concerns have not been ignored.

Using USB modem as connection to Internet the entries for "Austria" are missing at the first glance when you try to enter "Location" at USB-Modems-Page. But if you select "Australia" as "Location" and take a look to the bottom of "ISP providers" you will find the correct ISP-entries for Austria...

(See attachment - the entries "A1", "3", "Orange", T-Mobile Austria" and "YESSS" will lead you to genuine Austrian ISP providers...)

Same issue you can find in the firmware for RT-N56U btw...

Regards
Gerald

I am sorry about that. I have sent it to HQ so hopefully it will be corrected in the next firmware update.

Jeremy, do you have any ETA for the release date of the ASUS PCE-AC66 and USB-AC53 adapters?

Jeremy, do you have any ETA for the release date of the ASUS PCE-AC66 and USB-AC53 adapters?
Jeremy, I am most especially interested in the PCE-AC66 adapter. When will it be available in the US?

Jeremy, I am most especially interested in the PCE-AC66 adapter. When will it be available in the US?

Sorry for the late reply. I had to do some poking and prodding to get a release date.

The expected release for both AC adapters is the end of October.

Problem with RT-AC66U

Hello Jeremy ,

I have a problem with my Asus RT-AC66U :
I have upgraded the firmware on the router to the latest Version 3.0.0.4.220 and have problems with wireless connections on the 5 GHz-band. Suddenly I lose the connection and can not get in to routers web-gui or telnet to it. No respons at all from the router. After a period of time the connection is reastablished and the suddenly it happens again that the connection is lost..
I have cleared the nvram and get the problem even as I configure the router.
The problem is also to wired connections I get a loss of connection to the router
then too.
I have a CASEID=WTM201209051918524152] which you could look in to.

Regards,

MikeG

I would like to point out that the router gives me problems in online matchmaking, lag issues. Problems that I have not found with the beta version .188, where the response to commands is faster and also to the actions of their opponents. With previous versions (.178 and .162) and the next (.220), online gaming is not very usable because of the lag.
This beta version but has problems on the radio where the signal is weak and inconstant.