What's new

ASUS Lyra Home Wi-Fi System Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

They get one more retest. I'm waiting for the second firmware

Heard back from ASUS. Said new firmware and app was released last week that improve performance and stability. But latest I find on the ASUS US and Global sites is Version 3.0.0.4.382.11272 2017/09/15.

I'm also told there is another release coming in the next couple of weeks that will make it about as good as it can get for performance.

That wasn't last week, that was 9/15.... hasn't been an update since. Maybe they meant "last month"

God Afternoon From Denmark:
I bought a set of Lyras yesterday, and they seems to be working fine. I am however struggling to find a way to use the Lyras as bridge and let my ISP router distribute IP addresses. I have a few thing connected to my ISP router that need to use same network as the LYRA. Does anybody have a fix for this? Thank you in advance

Hello i was sending my lyra back,before the latest firmware came out.I had bad performence speed.This is maybe fixed in latest firmware.
But remember to have/uppdate to the latest firmware,in the latest firmware there is now :Beta support AP mode. (administration page)system at bottum i think.
Version 3.0.0.4.382.11272
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/Lyra/HelpDesk_Download/
I maybe buy it later if i hear the firmware is good.

God Afternoon From Denmark:
I bought a set of Lyras yesterday, and they seems to be working fine. I am however struggling to find a way to use the Lyras as bridge and let my ISP router distribute IP addresses. I have a few thing connected to my ISP router that need to use same network as the LYRA. Does anybody have a fix for this? Thank you in advance
I have same problem- any help would be appreciated

I'll help:

Step 1) Unplug Lyra
Step 2) Put Lyra back in box
Step 3) Return Half baked product to store because it doesn't do half of what they claim it does and they haven't released firmware or app updates in two months.

New firmware, still buggy. And now with the added bonus of just dropping connections every couple days. (need to reboot to fix)

The appearance is great. I guess everybody else would agree with me on this. But that's all good in it. The performance is poor.

Dude, I am sooooo frustrated with this product. It is so buggy. Forget about even trying to use the Parental Controls even with the latest app / firmware combo. Performance is ok. It will randomly stop logging things to the log, stop logging AIProtect stuff, and none of the clients show their hostname, only "apple" "sony" "dlink" which is completely worthless. I want to like this product but if I could get my money back, I totally would.

Sold mine. They were rubbish. Purchased two Open Mesh A42 POE access points. They are absolutely brilliant , with an amazing online monitoring portal. Highly recommended

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!