What's new

ASUS Media Bridge no DHCP relay

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Txurrispo

New Around Here
Hi to all.

I have some troubles with Media Bridge on ASUS, and ASUS Merlin Firmware.
I have a w2012 DHCP Server. My primary wifi system is a Rockus. But the problem is with the ASUS.

Sevaral devices can´t have a Wifi card. My solution is use old Asus devices to connect to the existent SSID on mi network.

I use now a N66U with Merlin 380.70. Configure the Media Bridge, and connecto to mi actual LAN is OK. I can ping the asus from my LAN.
But everything that i connecto to my ASUS are not getting IP from my windows DHCP....

Could anybody help me?
Regards.

Hi to all.

I have some troubles with Media Bridge on ASUS, and ASUS Merlin Firmware.
I have a w2012 DHCP Server. My primary wifi system is a Rockus. But the problem is with the ASUS.

Sevaral devices can´t have a Wifi card. My solution is use old Asus devices to connect to the existent SSID on mi network.

I use now a N66U with Merlin 380.70. Configure the Media Bridge, and connecto to mi actual LAN is OK. I can ping the asus from my LAN.
But everything that i connecto to my ASUS are not getting IP from my windows DHCP....

Could anybody help me?
Regards.
See brief discussion of this problem at this post: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-9-is-now-available.54843/page-18#post-465572, and few subsequent posts.

Resurrecting an old thread because it is a convenient link to an earlier discussion.

I've been having real problems recently with wired devices getting and holding a DHCP address over media bridge. I had for several years used a AC56U as my main router, and an N66 as a media bridge, with three devices wired to the N66. The 56U was on 384.6, and the N66 on 380.62_1. That all worked fine.

Recently, I moved an 87U into the function of main router (13.4) and the AC56U to the media bridge mode. I've never used the 87U before as the main router with another as media bridge, but this combo doubles the link rate. That seemed to work fine, but the three devices now lose their DHCP addresses after about 12 hours, and then cycle in and out every few minutes between a valid ip address and an autoconfig address. Rebooting the AC56U will fix the problem for another 12 hours or so. I've tried a bunch of things:

1. I've stripped all of the fun additions out of the 87U to eliminate them. I've reset both to factory defaults and a minimum configuration. Same behavior.
2. I've loaded .12, .13, and .13_2 on the 87U as well. Same behavior.
3. I've put the N66 back in the media bridge role. Same behavior.
4. I loaded Tomato on the 56U (tried a couple of versions, in fact) in ethernet bridge mode. Fixed for all.
5. I tricked out the 87U again. Still fixed.

I haven't gone back to the original configuration, or tried stock, but it seems like there is something about the 87U and more recent firmware that is having an issue with Asus software in Media Bridge mode. It doesn't seem to be one or the other, but some combination.