What's new

Asus Merlin - Share VPN tunnel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nihon

Regular Contributor
Hi
I have a router with Asus Merlin.
I have configurued the router to create a VPN tunnel to my VPN provider so all LAN computers is behind the VPN (works).

I have configured the router to act as a VPN server for my mobile devices so I can connect to my LAN over VPN from a café as an example (works).

Now, when a mobile device connects over VPN to my router, I would like the mobile internet browsing to also get behind the VPN tunnel.

So I want these two diagrams (A and B) to work for my smart phones.

A:
Mobile(OpenVPN) -> Asus Router -> Reach LAN devices (this already works)
B:
Mobile (OpenVPN) -> Asus Router -> VPN tunnel to VPN (OpenVPN) provider -> Internet (this is not working)

1. Is B possible?
2. How can I accomplish B (also supporing A)?
I have tried some policy routings but not manage to solve B.

Hi
I have configurued the router to create a VPN tunnel to my VPN provider so all LAN computers is behind the VPN (works).

I have configured the router to act as a VPN server for my mobile devices so I can connect to my LAN over VPN from a café as an example (works).

Now, when a mobile device connects over VPN to my router, I would like the mobile internet browsing to also get behind the VPN tunnel.

A:
B:
Mobile (OpenVPN) -> Asus Router -> VPN tunnel to VPN (OpenVPN) provider -> Internet (this is not working)

1. Is B possible?
2. How can I accomplish B (also supporing A)?
I have tried some policy routings but not manage to solve B.

1. Yes
2. Add rules see openvpn server and client question

then also include the appropriate OpenVPN server IPs (or the complete subnet) in the VPN Client Policy rules.

Thanks I will try it out and move any questions to the existing thread you linked to. Many Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It worked like a charm! What a great feature!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi

A:
B:

I'm in the same situation, but I only can make work the diagram that you wrote in example B (with the scripts linked on post #2).
Can I ask you how did you do to make LAN devices reachables from Mobile(OpenVPN) like in the diagram A? I cannot manage it to work...