What's new

Asus Mesh (AXE16000 + ET12) LAN Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mighty_scoop

New Around Here
Hi,

i have huge problems connecting my pc via lan to my network.
I am using a AXE16000 as router and a ET12 as a mesh point.
Connection via WLAN works without problems (but, of course a slower connection). I want to connect my pc via LAN.
I do not get a connection to the network. Not with dhcp and not with manuall IP.
Strange thing is, i can connect if i change something in the router setting (e.g. switch of the ip6). After rebooting the PC i can't connect again.
I tried to
- reinstall the network driver.
- refresh network information with ipconfig
- resetted the router
- changed the ports
- changed the cable
- now using a switch
- changed the switch
- directly connected to the router

The network card is working with a different (non asus) router.

Any suggestion?

Hi,

i have huge problems connecting my pc via lan to my network.
I am using a AXE16000 as router and a ET12 as a mesh point.
Connection via WLAN works without problems (but, of course a slower connection). I want to connect my pc via LAN.
I do not get a connection to the network. Not with dhcp and not with manuall IP.
Strange thing is, i can connect if i change something in the router setting (e.g. switch of the ip6). After rebooting the PC i can't connect again.
I tried to
- reinstall the network driver.
- refresh network information with ipconfig
- resetted the router
- changed the ports
- changed the cable
- now using a switch
- changed the switch
- directly connected to the router

The network card is working with a different (non asus) router.

Any suggestion?

If you wire the PC only to the router and Hard Reset the router, can you browse to its default IP 192.168.50.1 or router.asus.com to configure the router?

OE

Good Question, i will try this tomorrow. I always configured the router with my laptop after hard reset.

Besure you connect only the admin PC to ensure other network/client trouble is not a factor.

OE

Update: I carried Out a hard reset on the Router with only my PC connected via lan. i disconnected the mesh point. Everything worked so far. Connection is fast and stable.
Then i tried to Connect the Router to a Switch and the PC to the Switch... Can't Connect .
Tryed two different Switches and different cables (between Switch and PC) ... No success. Same Problem when i Connect my Mesh Point to the Router and PC to the mesh point .
Direct Connection works.

Other devices Like e.g. a NAS are working with cable Connection to the Switch.

I am clueless

OK ... perhaps i am stupid or just uninformed.
I had UPnP disabled ... after I activated UPnP the switch is working (and my PC can connect).
Is this intended. Should a switch not work without UPnP?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!