What's new

Release ASUS Rapture GT-AC5300 - New Firmware Release Version 3.0.0.4.386.48377 - March 30th, 2022

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ForkWNY

ASUS is on a roll with GT-AC5300 firmware releases...another new one was just published today.

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48377
1. Fixed OpenSSL CVE-2022-0778
2. Added more security measures to block malware.
3. Fixed Stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Milan Kyselica of IstroSec.
4. Fixed CVE-2022-23970, CVE-2022-23971, CVE-2022-23972, CVE-2022-23973, CVE-2022-CVE-2022-25595, CVE-2022-25596
5. Added 3rd party DNS server list in WAN --> DNS to help users enhance the connection security.

We suggest manually resetting the router after upgrading from 3.0.0.4.384 or earlier version to this version.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: d5693fe7c0ed6c0546f0f12f1b43f1c1

Link to new firmware version: https://rog.asus.com/us/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ac5300-model/helpdesk_bios

EDIT: I have updated my GT-AC5300 (use as my primary router, AiMesh network with 4 RT-AX92U nodes), dirty flashed over the previous version (3.0.0.4.386.46092). So far, so good. Time will tell if there are any stability or ongoing problems with the web admin user interface that has been problematic with this particular router model.

Last edited:
It's somewhat confusing...Advanced Settings > WAN > click the ASSIGN button, then scroll down and you can manually assign upstream public DNS servers, or choose from the list of options above the manual DNS IP assignment.

The UI needs some re-work, that's for sure. It does almost appear as though the "assign" button is tied to the DNS privacy protocol, based on how it lines up. That's a separate configuration altogether. I've pasted the screen shot in here so that others can see why it's confusing. The assign button *should* go above that line, so it lines up with "DNS Server" and not DNS Privacy Protocol.

1649081690041.png

This update broke the ability for me to add new VPN Fusion OpenVPN profiles. I upgraded to the latest firmware from the previous version 3.0.0.4.386.46092 and then did a factory reset. I manually reconfigured my router settings and everything was working great up to the point of setting up my VPN profiles. When trying to upload my .opvn file it gives me this error

1649649256383.png

It will upload a Certificate Authority file with no issue but refuses any .ovpn files. I ended up downgrading to the previous firmware and it let me load the .ovpn file like it is supposed to. After getting all my VPN profiles added, I upgraded back to the latest firmware and they all work fine. I just can't add any more unless I downgrade first. Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone having same issues on the AiMesh screens?
With or without AiMesh setup my router is giving '0' values for all the rate values.
After restart all is fine for some time you can see the actual values, then again all goes back to '0' !!!
This behaviour was already there on the previous firmwares aswell.

1650520607941.png

When was the last time you reset the main router and/or nodes?

Did it again after installation of the latest firmware.
WPS button method.
Now the router is running with the min of setup after the reset, no AiMesh node configured, even now after 2 days all rates go down to 0...
Also when using Qos adaptive, high ping peaks (300-2000ms) on the 2 5Ghz radios, not on 2.4 Ghz !

Mine does the same. I have to say I never used that view until I saw your post. So I have no clue whatsoever since what version that's not working. You should open a ticket to Asus if that's important for you to work. It does look like a bug.
When I'm interested I'm using traffic monitor and that works reasonably well. I found the Android Asus app to be quite decent in monitoring real time traffic of a certain device.

Mine does the same. I have to say I never used that view until I saw your post. So I have no clue whatsoever since what version that's not working. You should open a ticket to Asus if that's important for you to work. It does look like a bug.
When I'm interested I'm using traffic monitor and that works reasonably well. I found the Android Asus app to be quite decent in monitoring real time traffic of a certain device.
I already opened i ticket with Asus for this, but seems to be a difficult issue because not yet solved ...

Anyone having same issues on the AiMesh screens?
With or without AiMesh setup my router is giving '0' values for all the rate values.
After restart all is fine for some time you can see the actual values, then again all goes back to '0' !!!
This behaviour was already there on the previous firmwares aswell.

View attachment 40921
My GT-AC5300 has the same issue...values are at 0. I rarely check that page but it's another UI bug that has yet to be fixed. This problem is not resolved by a factory reset, it's definitely a firmware issue. The AiProtection logging is also broken...it'll work for a period of time, ranging from a few days to a week, then the logging just stops. Rebooting the router only resolves these issues temporarily.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!