What's new

Asus ROG GTAC-5300 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TriggerOFAH

Occasional Visitor
Hello I recently upgraded to the ROG gt AC 5300 router but unfortunately there is no firmware .. any chance we could get a firmware for that please ? @RMerlin ... Can't set up my Vpn on seperate devices as I could on the ac86u ... Appreciated if possible mate ... I see the lower version gt ac3200 if am correct was updated .. so fingers crossed we get firmware for the ROG gt AC 5300 .. th

I just googled and from what I read looks like Merlin doesn't support this router .. guess this router was a waste of money then and I will have to go back to ac86u or a better one than ac86u and 1 that's actually supported

There is not much that is better than the AC86U right now unless you NEED Wifi6.

VPN Fusion should allow you to route specific clients through the VPN.

Ah I see Vpn fusion now I was too busy lookin at tabs on right side in Vpn section.. not sure how this works though .. easier with your firmware as I learned how to do it in the end.. see what is recommended out of the 2 above if anyone can suggest thanks

The RT-AX88U is a much better device than the RT-AC86U, however its price is hard to justify.

The RT-AX88U is a much better device than the RT-AC86U, however its price is hard to justify.
Thanks mate I am not happy with this GT ac5300 the range seems quite shirte to be honest .. so may get the ax88u instead then I will get refund from Curry's .. will you be continuing to support it mate as from the look of things in your site seems like he only 1 that isn't updated as a guess with it sayin beta 3 and not 4 like the other models.. if you won't support it then I will have to get the ac86u maybe again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!