What's new

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Router for Sale

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SIAVASHSONY

Occasional Visitor

I already purchased one

1.jpg
2.jpg

only reason to pick axe16000 is because of 10gb wan port
I have 5600mb dedicated internet service and need a router at least support 5gb wan.
I already have asus RT-AX89X(10gb port) and netgear rax120 (5gb port) but both have some problems.

There is more to the GT-AXE16000 than just the second 5GHz band.

Double the RAM, 2x 10GbE Ports.

I'm also expecting a newer (than the AXE110000) SDK, and with external antennae, better RF hardware/design too.

I'm not sure how the ZenWiFi Pro has two more antennae than the GT-AXE16000 though (10 vs. 8)? Maybe a typo on Asus' website?

There is more to the GT-AXE16000 than just the second 5GHz band.

Double the RAM, 2x 10GbE Ports.

I'm also expecting a newer (than the AXE110000) SDK, and with external antennae, better RF hardware/design too.

I'm not sure how the ZenWiFi Pro has two more antennae than the GT-AXE16000 though (10 vs. 8)? Maybe a typo on Asus' website?
The 2GB RAM is clearly labelled as DDR4 too, where it's not clear whether the ET12's 1GB is DDR4 or DDR3. When would 2GB RAM be useful vs 1GB though?

Also, the 2x10GbE ports are intriguing, but what would an actual use case for 2x 10Gbe ports on a consumer grade router be?

Are you expecting a newer SDK than the ET12 too or just the older RT-AXE11000?

I think you're right about the typo - specs say 10x antennas, but elsewhere on the main Asus product page it says 8x.

More RAM will be useful depending on the scripts used and when using the router as a NAS with an attached USB drive.

With 10Gbps service being introduced to more areas every day, these ports will become useful more quickly than some might imagine.

However, the more immediate 'need' may be for internal network use (i.e. NAS).

If your ISP (and your internal network) offers 10GbE port connections too, even if the ISP is much below 1Gbps speeds, the faster port speeds translate to lower latency that will be enjoyed on the network too. There is no downside here, and if you have a NAS or two, many upsides to this 'feature'.

I'm expecting the SDK to be newer than anything released previously. If such is possible, of course.

Thanks for the confirmation on that typo. :)

where it's not clear whether the ET12's 1GB is DDR4 or DDR3
The XT12 (and ET12) use DDR4:

Code:
MEMC DRAM profile (mc2_dram_profile_struct) values:
  dram_type           = DDR4
  dram_x_mode         = 8
 (dram_clk            = 1333 MHz)

Are you expecting a newer SDK than the ET12 too or just the older RT-AXE11000?
Same SDK as the XT12/ET12.

They're out of stock once again on the Asus store. Whatever limited quantity they had went fast, as expected.

This is true but B&H also states on the item page that orders will be filled on a "first come, first served" basis. Ordering has been opened for a while already so I'd expect that folks ordering now, may wind up with some waiting time after the 21st depending on how much product B&H gets allocated to them.

That $700 makes me feel better about not being one of the first purchaser/beta tester.
I will gladly buy when they are eventually "on sale".