What's new

Asus router AC88U and Netgear Access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt2016

Regular Contributor
Hi all, I just did setup an Asus router RT-88U and RT 86U as Access point. But I do have trouble to get a Wifi setup which does cover my whole house. I do have 1 router on ground level and the RT86U on the first floor. But not very powerful, I therefore like to go with some AP instead from Netgear or ubiquiti would that work for me?

best regards
rt2016

yes you can do it but
I will not talk about Netgear AP as I am not using them
Ubiquiti AP especially new wi-fi6 Access Point U6 LR is working very well. There would be same challenges you can read about at https://community.ui.com/ eventually after working with UniFi a lot people decide to switch all routers, AP to it. I have one 300m2 home setups working with ER-12 and 2x Ubiquiti UAP AC LR. Yes I know same people will tell there should be 1 AP for each 100M2 or whatever (I notice same people on this forum like to argue). It all depend of so many thinks (star with 2 will not be enough add more ). This spec I am talking is working w/o any issues for more than 1 year compering to Asus AiMesh I tested that is hard to keep stable for few weeks.
I am using Asus routers personally for more than 15y but in 2 months I am moving to new penthouse and will replace all for Ubiquiti.

Just come to my mind, is there maybe a better setup running those 2 Asus routers? Or is AI mesh the best solution?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!