What's new

Asus Router Antenna Tweaking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lynx

My RT-AX98U RT-AX68U has three antennae and the manual states they should be left upwards. Have users experimented with tweaking the positions of the antenna to improve Wi-Fi performance? Would this make a mess of the beamforming?

Last edited:
I wouldn't assume so or they'D be stiff (unless you change it all the time I guess but I do guess you sometimes leave the vicinity of your router ;)).
Haven't messed around extensively myself but I always set it up assuming that my furthest away and/or most important clients should be situated along a line at 90° to the middle of one or more of the antennae and since I don't have more than one level I have them pointing upwards

The original router antennas are omni-directional (transmitting the same way in all directions) - so you better let them point to "all directions" and let the beamforming function to the job to optimize the signal for the devices.

In case you want to optimize the direction of the WLAN signal yourself, you should go for alternative antennas (uni-directional) - but then the beamforming will not work anymore as designed,

Last edited:
My RT-AX98U has three antennae

RT-AX68U perhaps, as per your previous posts.
Orient the antennas this way | | |, if you live in a single floor house/apartment, and this way \ | /, if you're home has 2nd floor/basement.

The original router antennas are uni-directional (transmitting the same way in all directions) - so you better let them point to "all directions" and let the beamforming function to the job to optimize the signal for the devices.

In case you want to optimize the direction of the WLAN signal yourself, you should go for alternative antennas - but then the beamforming will not work anymore as designed,
You mean omnidirectional(omni=all, uni=one).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!