What's new

Asus Router AX6100/2x AX92U - troubles everywhere?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gamma

New Around Here
Hi,

i bought Asus AX6100, where are two AX92U units. I have older Asus routers and never had any problem and i need to cover quite large home. So Asus Mesh sounds good. I installed one as router, one as AP Mesh (connected via lan) and connected all devices. Internet, copying aso. works lightfast, WiFi is downloading about 50-60MB/s, BUT:
  • local gaming is not possible, because computers can't see multiplayer games (tested Starcraft, Minecraft), with old routers never had a problem
    • all computers are set as private network
    • firewall has allow for both network types (specially for private)
    • i can ping computers
    • i can connect to another computer via RDP or copy between computers
    • i can't see others computers (until i use it's IP) in File browser/Network
    • i tried to connect in Minecraft directly to local IP, even than i was unable to connect games
  • WiFi 6 with Macbook PRO 16" is not working. Connection is unstable and if working, just about 1-2MB/s. Maybe some setup needed?
I reseted router many times. I did reset without Mesh (second router off) and all computers connected to one router, still the same problem with local games. Even if computers are connected via lan cable, it's not connecting. Only one time, suddenly was game visible, but it was not good playable.

Does anybody knows what might be bad in settings? Even with reseted router and only WiFi settings changed is not local game visible. But internet, networking printer, DLNA aso. is working at full speed. I spent hours and hours with testing, but still no luck.

Thanks!

When you ping, is it via the IP only or can you also ping via the hostname? Sounds like a possible dns issue, I assume all devices are using the router as the dns server?

Thanks for answer.

No problem to ping via hostname. All devices has IP from router (via DHCP), only one computer has in router settings to force exact IP. But without this config is all the same.

Router IP is 192.168.1.1, DNS is 192.168.1.1 is too. Default was 192.168.50.x, but i changed it. Again, with reset to 192.168.50.x same problem.