What's new

Asus Router Lights Flickering

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know why the top light (the one that looks like a circle with a ring around it) would be flickering on the Asus ROG GT AC2900?

A reboot of the gateway and the router resolved the issue, but I'm just curious as to what this means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-125605_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-125605_1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 145
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know why the top light (the one that looks like a circle with a ring around it) would be flickering on the Asus ROG GT AC2900?

A reboot of the gateway and the router resolved the issue, but I'm just curious as to what this means.

If the manual tells you its the Internet LED, then its Internet data traffic.

OE

If the manual tells you its the Internet LED, then its Internet data traffic.

OE
Sorry, I just googled the manual because my box didn't have one.

I see it is the WAN LED, but why would it be flickering? It's never flickered before.

Check the manual. :rolleyes: It's the WAN LED.
Sorry, I just googled the manual because my box didn't have one.

I see it is the WAN LED, but why would it be flickering? It's never flickered before.

I don't have the same model router as you, but on my router the WAN LED always flashes when data is being sent through the WAN. In other words it's always flashing. Just the same as the LAN and WiFi LEDs.

I don't have the same model router as you, but on my router the WAN LED always flashes when data is being sent through the WAN. In other words it's always flashing. Just the same as the LAN and WiFi LEDs.
Interesting.

I just looked up some reviews of it on YouTube, it seems people don't even have that light on at all. They only have the 2.4ghz and 5ghz light on. The WAN LED light is not on for them.

Looked at a few more online... they're all solid colours for people and not flashing. I'm guessing because the front is all RGB, it wouldn't look nice if the lights were flashing. Just my guess. I'll contact support and see what they say.

You’re entitled to be curious but it’s just a light meant to denote internet activity.
When I checked a few videos on the Router, they all had it as a solid colour. It wasn't flickering. I've had this router for a few weeks now and the WAN LED never flickered into today. Which is why I'm asking whether the flickering is some sort of indication.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!