What's new

Asus router RT-AC88U does not block internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lorie3001

New Around Here
Hello
i have an asus router RT-AC88U i want to create internet access schedules.

the problem that asus shows that the pc is blocked but the problem that I can still connect to internet witj the pc blocked.
latest firm firmware:3.0.0.4.385_20631
I can create schedules with the android asus router application, with the pc I cannot create schedules when I click on apply it does not work
thank you
asu.jpg

Hi.
I have an AC88U running Merlin 384.16.
I don't use schedules, but I do block devices (cameras) from internet access. I went ahead and blocked my phone as a test and it seemed to work. I then tried the schedule and it allowed internet access until I set it to deny for that current time frame and then I tried to access the web and my browser took me to a router landing page that internet was blocked, so it does seem to work on mine.

Maybe test another device like your phone to try and duplicate the issue, otherwise maybe it's an issue on that firmware or some other setting overriding that?

Well, just found a glitch with that. Glad I double checked the Network list. After turning scheduling off from that test, I checked my Network Map list and all of the devices that I had blocked from the internet showed unblocked. Went back into one of them and re-enabled "Block Internet access" and then everything I had previously blocked showed the red mark on internet access in your picture.
Now I may need to check some to make sure that setting is holding.

Hello
i have an asus router RT-AC88U i want to create internet access schedules.

the problem that asus shows that the pc is blocked but the problem that I can still connect to internet witj the pc blocked.
latest firm firmware:3.0.0.4.385_20631
I can create schedules with the android asus router application, with the pc I cannot create schedules when I click on apply it does not work
thank you
View attachment 26688

On my AC86U RC2-6 AiMesh 2.0 beta firmware webUI...

Network Map\Clients/Client Status\client\Block Internet Access blocks Internet access all of the time. Seems to work.

Network Map\Clients/Client Status\client\Time Scheduling and AiProtection\Parental Controls\Time Scheduling both schedule local network access. And, a footnote points out that local network access includes Internet access... all clients added will have their Internet access restricted by default. Seems to work.

Setting one disables the other. So, you can block Internet access ALL of the time, or you can block ALL access some of the time, but you can not do both at the same time. :)

See AiProtection\Parental Controls\Web & Apps Filters to block access to Internet websites and apps.

I don't use the router app.

OE

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!