What's new

Asus router(s) grind to halt after Factory Reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdikland

Regular Contributor
My N66U, AC66U and AC68U are next to impossible to setup with my Windows 7 PC after I do a reset. Which router, which FW is irrelevant. They all behave the same. The port light to which the PC is connected is flashing like crazy and the web pages take forever to load (minutes as opposed to seconds). I have tried to reboot the PC but once it is back up to modem port light once again flashes like crazy. Once I do complete the setup everthing settles down and everything is fine. Here is the kicker.

Also connected to this router is a Win XP and an Ubuntu PC. If the setup process of any of my routers with my main (win7) PC is painfully too slow I can switch to either of the other two and everything is just fine and fast. No rapid blinking lights.

This same Win7 PC is also used to setup a dir855 and an old linksys router. None pose any problems such as that I experience with any asus router. Anyone have any ideas why each of these router would behave so erratic when connected to a win7 PC??

I have all 3 of those routers plus an rt-n56u and win7 64bit. Never had any trouble.

My N66U, AC66U and AC68U are next to impossible to setup with my Windows 7 PC after I do a reset. Which router, which FW is irrelevant. They all behave the same. The port light to which the PC is connected is flashing like crazy and the web pages take forever to load (minutes as opposed to seconds). I have tried to reboot the PC but once it is back up to modem port light once again flashes like crazy. Once I do complete the setup everthing settles down and everything is fine. Here is the kicker.

Also connected to this router is a Win XP and an Ubuntu PC. If the setup process of any of my routers with my main (win7) PC is painfully too slow I can switch to either of the other two and everything is just fine and fast. No rapid blinking lights.

This same Win7 PC is also used to setup a dir855 and an old linksys router. None pose any problems such as that I experience with any asus router. Anyone have any ideas why each of these router would behave so erratic when connected to a win7 PC??

Are you saying that you have three routers cascaded in router mode that all have the same IP of address of 192.168.1.1......and you don't understand why you're having problems ?

Are you saying that you have three routers cascaded in router mode that all have the same IP of address of 192.168.1.1......and you don't understand why you're having problems ?
No... 2 routers in AP, 1 main router. None are connected to each other when I am doing a FW upgrade and/or factory reset. These trouble routers are connected to my PC and nothing else. When hell breaks lose I may connected the router to one of my other PC but that is a PITA and a last resort.