What's new

Asus router security

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricia,

You're seeing what you want to see. I stated I want a bullet proof router; but the reality is not what I wish.

You state that you did not have success with reporting issues with Asus - I am confident that they received your concern and are working hard at solving or minimizing the issues you bring to light.

At the same time, this is not a simple fix and behaving like you are will not get anything productive happening sooner either.

Fact: Asus (and the whole routing world) knows the issues.

Fact: If a fix was easy; it would have been implemented.

Fact: People are working at it as we speak. RMerlin being a prime example right here on these forums.

Being loud is not being heard.

Neither is withdrawing a reasonable voice from a conversation worth having.

Take care.

It seems folks here are perfectly content using an insecure router. Enjoy the vulns folks because they're not going away by closing your ears and pretending it's not there. Blame the guy raising the concern, the customers, and everyone but asus because that's how we solve problems around here.

I really don't understand why folks treat their router like its their first born.

Folks it's a router, it's an appliance, and nothing more. Treat it as such and be objective and ask yourself this. Neither Patricia, Kevin Lovett, or others had much success reporting vulns to asus. Does something need to change?

If your answer is no, then that's fine so long as you accept the consequence when the worst happens. For your sake I'd treat any lan traffic as publicly viewable and not store or transmit anything sensitive on your network.

I'm done with this forum and i sincerely don't give two cents about asus routers now, thanks guys.

It seems folks here are perfectly content using an insecure router. Enjoy the vulns folks because they're not going away by closing your ears and pretending it's not there. Blame the guy raising the concern, the customers, and everyone but asus because that's how we solve problems around here.

I really don't understand why folks treat their router like its their first born.

Folks it's a router, it's an appliance, and nothing more. Treat it as such and be objective and ask yourself this. Neither Patricia, Kevin Lovett, or others had much success reporting vulns to asus. Does something need to change?

If your answer is no, then that's fine so long as you accept the consequence when the worst happens. For your sake I'd treat any lan traffic as publicly viewable and not store or transmit anything sensitive on your network.

I'm done with this forum and i sincerely don't give two cents about asus routers now, thanks guys.

Unfortunately, this is not the place to discuss Asus router security as you have found out. There's several forum members that are so loyal to Asus that they will defend Asus with irrational statements. If this were a sports forum, they'd be called homers. I too was shocked when I observed how intensely folks defended their appliance as if it was their child or family pet or favorite sports team.

Any reasonable or rational person would expect the default settings to be secure.

Kudos to Thiggins for not closing the thread.

Good luck Patricia.......but you won't find what you're looking for here. Getting in touch with Kyle Lovett would be the best route....imo.

my ip is niagara.sytes.net - impress me.

my IP is dynamic; niagara.sytes.net is the no-ip.com DDNS i am using for my home network

Status
Not open for further replies.