What's new

Solved Asus RT-AC1900P from dd-wrt to merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Budske

New Around Here
Hi, I just got a RT-AC1900P and first thing i did was install dd-wrt.... it worked perfectly, but then i found merlin and I wanted to change the firmware.

I tried using the firmware restoration tool to flash 378.55 but got a bootloop, i've been trying everything.

used CFE to flash dd-wrt back again and then tried using the firmware update to 378.55 and nothing, then tried again, but changed from trx to bin. still stuck, I even tried flashing stock asus with the fw restoration tool and nothing.

power light is on and ethernet 1 flashing.

if i set the ip to 192.168.1.5 the CFE loads up and i can restore default nvram values. If i flash DD-wrt it loads and i can get it back to work.

please help, i've read like 4 or 5 threads related to the 68U and non of the solutions there works

Try 27E5:

using the dd-wrt gui update firmware or asus fw restoration tool?

soooooo..... i finally fixed it.

I went in to asus website and downloaded the oldest FW (843), flashed it using FW restoration tool, then i reseted the router, then used asuswrt to update to latest merlin and reseted it again.

thanks for the help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!