What's new

Asus RT-AC3200 dual wan problemen

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jasper

New Around Here
Hoi,

Ik heb al een hele tijd een Asus RT-AC3200 staan als router en het modem van Ziggo in bridge mode. Dit omdat het modem een bak ellende was met wegvallende LAN en soms ook WiFi verbinding.

Nu hebben we naast ziggo ook glasvezel van Online/Delta.

Omdat ik niet alles opnieuw wilde gaan doen dacht ik de glasvezel Fritz Box 5490 in bridge mode te kunnen zetten en als dual WAN op de Asus aan te sluiten echter heeft deze geen bridge mode. Wel heb ik hem kunnen verbinden met de Asus op LAN 2 en de Asus een IP gegeven (192.168.2.10) en de fritz box is 192.168.2.1

M'n normale netwerk IP van de Asus is 192.168.1.1, Ik kreeg te horen dat de fritz box in een andere range moest zitten om problemen te voorkomen, Maar je raadt het al: Die zijn er toch.
Op beide staat DHCP aan, Op de Asus omdat deze heer en meester is in mijn netwerk en op de fritz box omdat de TV Box via LAN daar direct op aangesloten moest worden.
Dan trekt u toch gewoon even een extra kabel meneer,..

Maar, Nu komt het.

Als ik via wifi verbinding maak met de Asus zijn netwerk krijg ik een IP uit de fritz box range dus 192.168.2.11 en de melding geen internet verbinding.
Gebruik ik iets met een vast IP heb ik wel internet verbinding en werken beide netwerken dus Ziggo en Online nog samen ook aan de upload van speedtest te zien.

Hoe voorkom ik dat de fritz box zich met mijn netwerk bemoeit behalve hem uit het raam te laten gooien door mijn vrouw omdat ze het wel een heel klein beetje zat begint te worden dat de tablet, telefoon en lampen niet werken.

Ik dacht nog even om over te stappen naar Merlin omdat dat ooit al eens een plan was om te doen maar zie net dat dat niet meer ondersteund wordt voor de 3200

Mocht er, en zal ongetwijfeld nodig zijn extra info nodig zijn dan hoor ik het graag,

Jasper

Please post your question in English.

Hi,

I have had an Asus RT-AC3200 as a router for a long time and the modem from Ziggo in bridge mode. This was because the modem was a mess with lost LAN and sometimes WiFi connection.

Now, in addition to ziggo, we also have fiber from Online / Delta.

Because I did not want to do everything again, I thought I could put the fiber-optic Fritz Box 5490 in bridge mode and connect it to the Asus as a dual WAN, but it does not have bridge mode. I did connect it to the Asus on LAN 2 and gave the Asus an IP (192.168.2.10) and the fritz box is 192.168.2.1

My normal network IP of the Asus is 192.168.1.1, I was told that the fritz box had to be in a different range to avoid problems, but you guessed it: there are any.
DHCP is on on both, on the Asus because it is lord and master in my network and on the fritz box because the TV Box had to be connected directly to it via LAN.
Then just pull an extra cable, sir, ..

But, now it comes.

When I connect to Asus's network via WiFi, I get an IP from the fritz box range so 192.168.2.11 and the message no internet connection.
If I use something with a fixed IP, I do have an internet connection and both networks work together so Ziggo and Online can also be seen in the upload of speed test.

How do I prevent the fritz box from interfering with my network except to have it thrown out of the window by my wife because she is getting a little tired of the tablet, phone and lamps not working.

I thought for a while to switch to Merlin because that was once a plan to do but just see that it is no longer supported for the 3200

If additional information is needed, and will undoubtedly be necessary, please let me know,

так просто :cool:

Please post your question in English.
Hi,

sorry, my fault.

Short version:

I used local cable internet called Ziggo with their modem in bridge mode.
Now I also have fiber internet called Online and I want to use Dual Wan. The Online Fritz Box 5490 can't do Bridge Mode so I let DHCP on and changed range to ###.###.2.### and let Asus DHCP on in range ###.###.1.### now when I connect to a Asus wifi like before I get a ###.###.2.### IP and can't go on internet. When using fixed IP I can use internet and even both Ziggo and Online work together when doing a speedtest because I have a slightly higher download and a lot higher upload.

How can I make sure the Fritz Box Online modem doesn't interfere with the rest of the network?

Maybe ask (all) your questions in English?

I don't come here for language lessons (I finished with that many decades ago). :)

Short answer: having two routers on your network who both act like DHCP servers is asking for trouble. Disable the DHCP server on one of them.

Maybe ask (all) your questions in English?

I don't come here for language lessons (I finished with that many decades ago). :)

Trust me, you don't even want to learn Dutch. It's a horrific language for foreigners. Even the majority of the Dutch population has trouble writing their own language. Brrrrrr.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!