What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.384.20648
2018/04/1245.79 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648
Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name*

Security fixed
-Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
-Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.

Bug fixed
- Improved AiMesh stability.
- Fixed AiMesh mac filter bugs
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed DST related bugs.
- Fixed client list related bugs.
- Fixed traffic analyzer UI bugs.

* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 74664feeed2909546d3a409055a6eb86

Since updating to this firmware, I no longer can connect to the router thru the android asus router app. Authentication fails. I can connect fine thru a web browser on my phone or thru other network apps. Everything else seems fine... aimesh etc.

I did... Still no go.
I even deleted and reinstalled the the app and I still cannot log into the router from the app.

Can confirm. The Android app no longer works. "ASUS router not found"

EDIT: ok strangely enough I just had a long power outage so the router rebooted, and now the app IS finding the router. But the login credentials are failing for some reason?

EDIT2: And today its back to saying "ASUS router not found" when searching for one.

Last edited:
Android app its working for me...
but my 86u node is showing offline
how can it be offline if i can see in in list and Device Discovery!!!
and a Lutron hub plugged in it responding fine

Last edited:
iOS app isn't working either. I get this message on the app (see attached screenshot):

Your Wi-Fi is already turn on. Please connect to Wi-Fi network manually.

But my phone is connected to wifi.

When I click "I want to set up a new router >" it just shows instructions for connecting to wifi.

EDIT: I was able to fix the app:
1. Open the app (you will see the message above about connecting to WiFi)
2. Turn off your phones WiFi then back on
3. Return to app and it will automatically search and find the router.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
I am seeing an issue with the iOS app's client listing. I have the following setup:
Router RT-AC5300
Node RT-AC3100 "Kitchen"
Node RT-AC5300 "Basement"

The app's AiMesh tab is showing the Router listed as "Basement". So Basement is listed twice...but the clients are correct.

app only working on HTTP but not HTTPS
default in router is set for "Local Access Config" ->to "HTTP " not "BOTH"

if you did factory restore after update not sure why it set to "both" and my is not ...
i always do factory restore after update
and both Android and IOS still works

Hi

I did the firmware update on 12 April 2018 via the GUI on my MacBookPro. The firmware(s) were updated successfully on my AiMesh Router and 2 AiMesh Node. It prompted me to do a physical reboot for my Router. I run that for about a day … things seems to be working, except for the following:
  • My IPv6 does not work any more in “Native” mode; Specifically the IPv6 LAN setting section was not automatically populated. (used to be working for the last few versions of firmware update)
  • I also noticed that the LAN MAC address is 00:00:00:00:00:00 (used to be the same MAC address as Wireles 2.4GHz MAC address)
  • Strange Ethernet backhaul configuration behaviours
    • When I set both AiMesh Nodes Backhaul Connection Priority as "Auto" one of my AiMesh Node shows Connection Type as "Wireless”?
    • When I set both AiMesh Nodes Backhaul Connection Priority as “Ethernet” one of my AiMesh Node shows Connection Type as “Wireless”?
So I decided to do Factory Reset to all my AiMesh Devices (Router and Nodes) and for the last 2 days every thing is working as advertised :) the advices in forum discussions here to do “Factory Reset” is a good one.

PS: iOS ASUS Router App is still not showing some devices on my network. I also noticed that it is normally the Wired devices that disappeared from the list. Even for those wired devices that appeared on the “ALL” AiMesh Devices list, actually disappeared when ordered by “AiMesh” Devices list.

I set my access to HTTP only and it still cannot find the router.

And.. I just messed with a few things and its finding the router now, but again, the login credentials are failing.

Anyone have issues with DDNS after the firmware upgrade? Mine will no longer update.

RandomName23,

I normally turn off DDNS and WAN access ... I turn them on just to test it for you :) I am sorry to tell you that it is working for me, see my ASUS Router iOS App below.
  • I try to keep Router settings as default
  • I did factory reset AiMesh Router and Nodes with new Firmware Update
  • Uninstall and re-install Asus Router iOS App - so that it setup DDNS and WAN access under the hood.
OK, I am going to turn off my DDNS and WAN access now :) let me know when you need to compare anything. My configuration is in my signature below.

IMG_8562.PNG

I don't really see the correlation between those two things. Since you aren't using an RT-AC5300 is DDNS broken on the AC86U?

I was just thinking they might be working on how the app accesses the router remotely and slipped up on the DDNS part in the 5300 part of the unified firmware part. :)

No, I have not tested DDNS on my 86U. I believe you.

OE

RandomName23,

I normally turn off DDNS and WAN access ... I turn them on just to test it for you :) I am sorry to tell you that it is working for me, see my ASUS Router iOS App below.
  • I try to keep Router settings as default
  • I did factory reset AiMesh Router and Nodes with new Firmware Update
  • Uninstall and re-install Asus Router iOS App - so that it setup DDNS and WAN access under the hood.
OK, I am going to turn off my DDNS and WAN access now :) let me know when you need to compare anything. My configuration is in my signature below.

View attachment 12711
Thanks! That tells me it isn't a server issue on Asus side so I'll do a factory reset soon and I'm sure the issue will be resolved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!