What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45149

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I concur with the others here. New firmware for the RT-AC5300 please.

In addition to voicing your support here, have you contacted Asus directly to ask?

In addition to voicing your support here, have you contacted Asus directly to ask?
ASUSTek posts in this forum. If they choose to ignore what is being said in a public forum, then there is no hope. ($0,02)

ASUSTek posts in this forum. If they choose to ignore what is being said in a public forum, then there is no hope. ($0,02)

Agreed, but there may be a difference to have something logged into an internal Asus 'to-do' list than to wait for them to scrub the internet forums and decide how important something is to spend further time on internally.

I really think at this point ASUS is just letting us know that, if you enable AiMesh (wired backhaul or not) on the RT AC5300, it's a dual-band device...

I really think at this point ASUS is just letting us know that, if you enable AiMesh (wired backhaul or not) on the RT AC5300, it's a dual-band device...

I believe the truth is more towards that they simply mucked up their code here. Maybe a jr programmer. ;)

Reviving this as fw 45717 still seems to have the same flaw of disabling the 2nd 5Ghz in AiMesh which was discussed here a lot and introduced in the subject line f/w.

@arthurlien you suggested this was being discussed - any word on if this will EVER get solved? I'm still running on 32799 as I don't want to give up the channel as I use wired backhaul.

NEWS!!!

See this thread and my request in the last post... anyone with a tri band main router appears to already have a solution, and for those with a dual band main and tri band node(s) hopefully we can find the solution shortly...
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=52425&share_tid=62619&share_pid=572594&url=https://www.snbforums.com/index.php?posts/572594/&share_type=t&link_source=app

I tested it and it's showing up but my point still are I want to old way back, the smart connect tri-band option, I don't want to keep switching to two different SSID name in order to used all my wifi capacity. It was setting up fine until they decide to spilt it out for a dedicated backhaul, that should be an option but not like a fixed thing for all user.

I tested it and it's showing up but my point still are I want to old way back, the smart connect tri-band option, I don't want to keep switching to two different SSID name in order to used all my wifi capacity. It was setting up fine until they decide to spilt it out for a dedicated backhaul, that should be an option but not like a fixed thing for all user.

I can’t see the option as my main router is dual band, only my nodes are tri.

So you can’t set Smart Connect on and DWB off?
And even with Smart Connect off you can’t set the same SSID for all 3 radios?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t see the option as my main router is dual band, only my nodes are tri.

So you can’t set Smart Connect on and DWB off?
And even with Smart Connect off you can’t set the same SSID for all 3 radios?

Yes, that is true, I am using 5300 as my main and ac68u as an aimesh node. Even if I disable the smart connect the 2nd 5Ghz still won't let me set to the same SSID. Because it still said it was the backhal. They need to fix it in the firmware level.

Yes, that is true, I am using 5300 as my main and ac68u as an aimesh node. Even if I disable the smart connect the 2nd 5Ghz still won't let me set to the same SSID. Because it still said it was the backhal. They need to fix it in the firmware level.

Oh man, I was so excited that they’d fixed it!