What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45149

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149
2018/12/05 45.91 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45149

(Found this link on UK website)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC5300/FW_RT_AC5300_c300438445149.zip

AiMesh
- Improved AiMesh dedicated backhaul mechanism for tri-band to tri-band AiMesh modes.
- Lyra, Lyra Mini, and Lyra Trio can be added as AiMesh node into RT-AC5300 network.

Please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038071 for more detail.

Security
- Fixed CVE-2018-14710, CVE-2018-14711, CVE-2018-14712, CVE-2018-14713, CVE-2018-14714. Thanks for Rick Ramgattie's contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud/ Samba account vulnerability. Thanks for Matthew Cundari's contribution.
- Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Ruikai Liu's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-17020, CVE-2018-17021, CVE-2018-17022.
- Fixed stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Duda Przemyslaw's contribution.
- Updated OpenSSL library.

New Alexa skill and IFTTT actions
- Add Alexa skill “ ask ASUS ROUTER to report security status”
- Add Alexa skill “ ask ASUS ROUTER how many devices are online”
- Add IFTTT actions : Wake on LAN
- Add IFTTT actions : check new firmware available and upgrade
[Note] You have to upgrade the firmware version up to 3.0.0.4.384_45149 if you want to use these new Alexa skills and IFTTT actions.

Bug fixes and improvement
- Improved wireless stability.
- Modified “Dual Wan” user interface.
- Modified “Port Forwarding” user interface.
- Modified “Restore” user interface.
- Fixed GUI bugs on user feedback page.
- Fixed “Adaptive QoS” bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 726223e9963dd3dc8a8c0bbdfc9e53e5

Last edited:
Unzip doesn't work, also download size seems wrong 8MB vs previous versions at 45MB
Logi,

You are right, there is a bug, the download zip file is corrupted. I downloaded via the GUI successful, did not tested the downloaded zip file. Sorry.

I did some searches and found the correct link from the UK website. (I have corrected the original post - I found in Singapore and US - hope in Asus would fix the links there)

Last edited:
I know that our experiences with AiMesh / Wifi differ a fair bit for each of us depending on our respective setup and environment.

My observation for this 45149 Firmware upgrade:

The one click GUI Upgrade from 32799 was Excellent, a breeze for my setup with Wired backhaul: RT-AC5300 as AiMesh Router and 2 x AC86U as AiMesh Nodes.

However, I have a habit of doing complete factory reset for each Firmware up grade, I experienced the following issues:
  • I was unable to do (click with no response) the Restore / Initialise option in the GUI. I noted the change in GUI ... not sure it is Asus bug or my macOS Mojave / Safari. My workaround is to press the physical reset on router and hold for 10 seconds.
  • I noticed that after setting up AiMesh Router and adding the 2 nodes successfully. When I move my MacBookPro and re-connect my MacBookPro to one of my nodes a few minutes later via Ethernet, I discovered (1) that there was no Ethernet connection. (2) While I have wifi connection to the node, there was no internet access (no access to router over local network). My work around was simply power off and on the offending Aimesh Node. Has been running happily for the last 12 hours.

Well on first look, it looks like I /we users using a tri band router lost a channel, technically.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 22.09.03.png Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 22.07.23.png

Edit F/W 3.0.0.4.384_45149

Well on first look, it looks like I /we users using a tri band router lost a channel, technically.
HuskyHerder,

Thanks for pointing that out, I thought that is fine for those NOT using "Wired Backhaul", but, for those of us using "Wired Backhaul", I thought there should be an option to set it back to Triband; unfortunately, currently there is no way to configure it from Dual-band to Tri-band.

I noticed that
  • there is a hidden band with my WiFi Analyser, and
  • on the GUI I noticed another sort of SSID with suffix of "_dwb" after my SSID name as shown below:

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 1.38.35 PM.png

Asus, please give me back my Tri-band - Thank You!

I know that our experiences with AiMesh / Wifi differ a fair bit for each of us depending on our respective setup and environment.

My observation for this 45149 Firmware upgrade:

The one click GUI Upgrade from 32799 was Excellent, a breeze for my setup with Wired backhaul: RT-AC5300 as AiMesh Router and 2 x AC86U as AiMesh Nodes.

However, I have a habit of doing complete factory reset for each Firmware up grade, I experienced the following issues:
  • I was unable to do (click with no response) the Restore / Initialise option in the GUI. I noted the change in GUI ... not sure it is Asus bug or my macOS Mojave / Safari. My workaround is to press the physical reset on router and hold for 10 seconds.
  • I noticed that after setting up AiMesh Router and adding the 2 nodes successfully. When I move my MacBookPro and re-connect my MacBookPro to one of my nodes a few minutes later via Ethernet, I discovered (1) that there was no Ethernet connection. (2) While I have wifi connection to the node, there was no internet access (no access to router over local network). My work around was simply power off and on the offending Aimesh Node. Has been running happily for the last 12 hours.

Hi LimJK,
Could you send feedback with system log, wifi by administration-> feedback? According to 5G2_DWB, we will discuss internally.

thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,
after firmware merlin, i have installed this version.
In history log, i have:
Dec 7 03:02:50 syslog: module ax88179_178a not found in modules.dep
Dec 7 03:02:50 syslog: module ledtrig-usbdev not found in modules.dep
Dec 7 03:02:50 syslog: module leds-usb not found in modules.dep

it's a problem?
Thank you

Hello,
In history log, i have:

it's a problem?
Thank you

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Administration -> Feedback?

Hello,
In history log, i have:

it's a problem?
Thank you

After clarify internally, it's not a problem. Don't worry.

Hi LimJK,
Could you send feedback with system log, wifi by administration-> feedback? According to 5G2_DWB, we will discuss internally.

thanks.
Arthur,
Thank you for your attention :) I have just sent feedback, pointing to this post.

Searching for dwb give me the clue:
In my GT-AC5300 there are 3 settings:
dwb_band=2
dwb_mode=1
dwb_scb=1

Overwriting it in the following order:
nvram set dwb_scb=
nvram set dwb_mode=
nvram set dwb_band=
nvram commit

Brings back the 2nd 5Ghz radio. It just pops-back to Smart Connect in my case.
So I'm back happy.

Although it's stupid the way Asus made this decision! I mean...there must be a product manager somewhere that really pays no attention and decides the features with no thoughts on what's out there.

And that's odd, because they do get our config every single time we send feedback. So they could run some comprehensive assessment what people are looking for and what config is actually running on their routers.

Late edit: sorry I couldn't revert sooner.
Pointless: those settings are not persistent. A reboot will turn them back on.
Still searching, but I'm afraid there's no fast way around, other than wait for Asus to allow us use the 2nd 5GHz radio :(

Last edited:
Searching for dwb give me the clue:
In my GT-AC5300 there are 3 settings:
dwb_band=2
dwb_mode=1
dwb_scb=1

Overwriting it in the following order:
nvram set dwb_scb=
nvram set dwb_mode=
nvram set dwb_band=
nvram commit

Brings back the 2nd 5Ghz radio. It just pops-back to Smart Connect in my case.
drabisan,
Thanks for sharing, interesting ... I will have a go at it when go get home later.
My concern is there surely will be other related NVRAM settings that can be affected by these, and we may have unintended side effects.
By the way have you tried adding an Aimesh node after these changes?
I assumed you did a reboot, to ensure changes survive another reboot.
Thanks.

Last evening I installed it on my 5300 and all 5 - 68u.

No issues what so ever with adding multiple nodes through my GB switch. Worked perfectly.

I have a few issues but currently I unable to determine if it’s the MacOS update the day before or the router F/W.
If the issue persists after I check the mrs MacBook. She’s still on the previous version Of macOS. I’ll add my thoughts here if needed.

Ps yep I rebooted everything twice to try n quell the issues.

Can anyone give a description of everything that this buys you? I hadn't seen this option in previous firmware versions under Administration -> System

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.14.53 AM.png

Does it drop and reconnect your WAN connection when it can't get out to the Internet etc...?

Sorry for delay.
I edited my post.

I don't have the time to remove/add a node. At least not for the moment.
And no, it doesn't survive a reboot. So I must keep digging.
Drabisan,
Thanks for information that change is not persistent.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-version-3-0-0-4-384-45149.50244/#post-448027

See this post above, Arthur Lien said they are discussing internally about the 5G2_DWB item; I will leave it in their good hands. Changing NVRAM settings without a complete understanding may lead us to chase our own tail :)

Hello,
In history log, i have:

it's a problem?
Thank you

No, these are simply modules that don't exist on Broadcom-based routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!