What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43129

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.386.43129
2021/05/19 40.62 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43129

1.Fixed the FragAttack vulnerability.
2.Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Tsinghua University NISL's contribution.
3.Improved system stability.
4.Fixed GUI bugs.
5.Security Fixed: CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 0b7c19137f2a94cc4add65812a9986f6

Upgraded. No new problem.

Unfortunately, the Guest-1 wifi problem isn't fixed -- Guest 1 WiFi causes internet disconnection, affects both non-guest side too.

After the upgrade all Apple devices can’t get updates over WiFi. Appreciate any help. Thanks

After the upgrade all Apple devices can’t get updates over WiFi. Appreciate any help. Thanks
I have no problem. Just upgraded to iOS 14.6, and app store updates are normal as well.

Are the Apple devices able to get online over WiFi? If yes, do you have any web/app filtering or proxy?

I have no problem. Just upgraded to iOS 14.6, and app store updates are normal as well.

Are the Apple devices able to get online over WiFi? If yes, do you have any web/app filtering or proxy?
Yes, other than iOS updates, everything else works just fine. No web/app filtering or proxy or firewalls either. Updates that are smaller size are alright. Even MacBook updates are failing too. iOS error is attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• 03AAFD08-78F3-4749-B753-F9338FC604D7.jpeg
    03AAFD08-78F3-4749-B753-F9338FC604D7.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upgraded. No new problem.

Unfortunately, the Guest-1 wifi problem isn't fixed -- Guest 1 WiFi causes internet disconnection, affects both non-guest side too.

This is interesting. Maybe the problem that I am running into with both the official and Merlin .386 firmware. I get problems with the WAN side getting an address, and when it does, clients can't seem to pass much more than a ping or nslookup over to the internet. After a couple of pings or DNS lookups, the status goes to "DHCP from WAN not working..." etc. Does that sound like what you have seen with the guest 1 wifi issue? Does guest 2 cause the same issue? Thank you.

This is interesting. Maybe the problem that I am running into with both the official and Merlin .386 firmware. I get problems with the WAN side getting an address, and when it does, clients can't seem to pass much more than a ping or nslookup over to the internet. After a couple of pings or DNS lookups, the status goes to "DHCP from WAN not working..." etc. Does that sound like what you have seen with the guest 1 wifi issue? Does guest 2 cause the same issue? Thank you.

same Guest-1 issue / symptoms.
Guest-2 is fine.

Strangest problem. Apple TV 14.6 has big problems. Some apps could not stream, the apps were killed and was greated in the start screen as if I just logged in again.

Same in other apps if I was able to stream and set it on pause. After a while the app would crash and I was greated in the start screen.

Downgraded to the last beta and problems seems to have gone.

Yes, other than iOS updates, everything else works just fine. No web/app filtering or proxy or firewalls either. Updates that are smaller size are alright. Even MacBook updates are failing too. iOS error is attached.

Thanks
Updated to the latest 43576, still no luck in getting iOS updates on any Apple devices.

Although this time ( didn’t worked out this with 43129), Apple devices are able to download the updates after disabling QoS).

Seems my trouble with Apple TV is gone after the router auto-updated to 43576.