What's new

ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.726

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think so far running great, wonder if anyone has tested the parental controls yet?
So far no complaints ...

I will be waiting for Merlin's build of this version.

Chris

I don't see 374.726, I see 374.130-gc778cfa. Could someone explain, you guys are .600 higher. LOL

Attachments

• RT-AC66U-Firmware.jpg
    RT-AC66U-Firmware.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
the new FW DL page says:

"please press the reset button more than 5 seconds to reset the RT-AC66R after firmware upgraded to prevent unexpected problem."

if I do that, is it a factory reset? meaning, will I lose all my settings, all my learned dhcp reservations, etc?

can't I just power cycle it? why the need for a full reset?

I don't see 374.726, I see 374.130-gc778cfa. Could someone explain, you guys are .600 higher. LOL

Oh dang.... did I just figure it out? I have the 66U, not the 66R. No wonder you guys got a man on the moon while I'm stuck on Mars....:eek:

Oh dang.... did I just figure it out? I have the 66U, not the 66R. No wonder you guys got a man on the moon while I'm stuck on Mars....:eek:

They are the same thing,
R and U

Chris

Ok, then why do I have a different Firmware when it's the supposed latest?:confused:

It was just covered a couple days ago on here, the R is a U sold at best buy. If you look on their website all Asus networking products that they themselves ship & sell end in an R, no Us.

As to why your router came with what version of firmware is probably related to its build date, maybe it was sitting on a shelf or in a warehouse for awhile.

No no no, you're missing my point. That's NOT the firmware it came with, the GUI asked me to DL the LATEST firmware during initial setup. So I did and now it says I have the latest version when checking for Updates, but that is clearly wrong with the higher numbers I see here.

No no no, you're missing my point. That's NOT the firmware it came with, the GUI asked me to DL the LATEST firmware during initial setup. So I did and now it says I have the latest version when checking for Updates, but that is clearly wrong with the higher numbers I see here.

And I'm extra confused cause this thread was ostensibly about the AC-66U, but I thought you mentioned you had an N-66R/U, and you're on two threads with similar questions, so yes, I am very confused!

Also, w/ SNB forums being the hot place to discuss the Merlin builds of the factory f/w along w/ the betas and experimental releases...ya it gets confusing. There are multiple convos about multiple f/ws on different hardware here.

I would speculate that you're getting latest official releases as per usual when checking in the f/w for updates.

I run the Merlinized stable build of the last (most recent, .32 I think) for N66.

If you search Merlin's posts he explains what's what for each hardware.

Last edited:
So is this "ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.726" Merlin's firmware or Official ASUS? If it's Official ASUS, why can't I get it? Must be because I have the U version?

So is this "ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.726" Merlin's firmware or Official ASUS? If it's Official ASUS, why can't I get it? Must be because I have the U version?

Download it manually from the support site. Auto update isn't always up-to-date, but the download page is.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-AC66R&p=11&s=2

It's unfortunate that Asus decided to start using an extra digit on their FW version numbering (not sure why, not as if they didn't already have enough digits in those version numbers), as it's indeed really confusing now.

Finally! Apparently, I STILL have the latest. :D Thank you fellahs! :cool:

Attachments

• 374-726.JPG
    374-726.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 415
Finally! Apparently, I STILL have the latest. :D Thank you fellahs! :cool:

Awesome, I'm glad you sorted it out.

It just occurred to me the irony in commiserating on the internet in a forum about routers, it's like calling strangers on the phone to tell them your phone is working great. :)

At least Tim can say it's his job, and Merlin can say, well - I dunno, but he has an excuse. ;)

Me too, little things like that bug me. :eek: But I just love this router, it can stream 2 different video files to 2 different PS3's using PS3 Media Server, AT THE SAME TIME! :eek::D:cool:

*EDIT - Which reminds me, Breaking Bad for me in my Family Room and Call The Midwife for my lady in bedroom. No pun intended. LOL!

Last edited:
the new FW DL page says:

"please press the reset button more than 5 seconds to reset the RT-AC66R after firmware upgraded to prevent unexpected problem."

if I do that, is it a factory reset? meaning, will I lose all my settings, all my learned dhcp reservations, etc?

can't I just power cycle it? why the need for a full reset?

Can anyone answer this question. Thanks.

Yes, but you can save them before and restore them after using the admin site.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!