What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1123

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just on this page are 3 people saying they have problems with the client list. Mine is a fairly simple setup running in AP mode. No real tweaking of it. I wish they would get a FW they are looking to put out and allow us to give feedback prior to dumping to world. Save them some grief.

Mine too. It doesn't reliably distinguish wired from wireless clients. Currently shows a Roku as a wired device (and it definitely isn't).

Mine too. It doesn't reliably distinguish wired from wireless clients. Currently shows a Roku as a wired device (and it definitely isn't).
Just as an FYI while my external USB NTFS support is stupidly borked, my client list appears to be fine.

On a simple hom enetwork as well, having 6-12 clients(notebooks, desktops, phones, and toys(PSP vita, roku, raspberry pi(wired), etc.)) in a mixed wifi/ether setup even more amazingly wired is primarily "powerline"(ether riding on AC power in house w/adapters, must drive the hams*(an example of an anachronism in the present day) apeshit since they effectively blocked widespread use by power utils to supply broadband long distance but couldn't stop home use...).

* I really think that these people should contemplate stringing up telegraph lines as they're nearly as useful, probably less so in reality.

Just installed 3.0.0.4.376.1123 from Merlins 43 and I do not get a client status list any longer. Anyone else see this in AP mode? Always worked before...Did not do a reset but may try it later.

yes i seen it in the latest asus stock fw on rt-ac66u in ap mode......

It seems with every Asus firmware release the worse their routers are getting. We need an Asus Tech in this forum bad.

Client list blank with FW 3.0.0.4.376_1123

Factory reset still no client list, however I do see # of clients connected. Client list is blank.

Having the same problem (no client list). Is it advisable to drop back to an earlier firm ware release. If so, which one.

Having the same problem (no client list). Is it advisable to drop back to an earlier firm ware release. If so, which one.

I installed Merlin 376.44 and seems to work well. Just remember to leave the 5GHz mode to auto...

so far so good

installed the latest version of the firmware. did a factory settings reset... everything works including the client list.

I installed Merlin 376.44 and seems to work well. Just remember to leave the 5GHz mode to auto...

what's the problem with the 5ghz? I can correctly set any available channel and it gets correctly displayed on the wireless log. This is on .44 of Merlin's FW.

what's the problem with the 5ghz? I can correctly set any available channel and it gets correctly displayed on the wireless log. This is on .44 of Merlin's FW.

If you set 5 Ghz to N+AC the router will revert to 20 Mhz only. Setting it to auto allows channel bonding at 80 Mhz.

If you set 5 Ghz to N+AC the router will revert to 20 Mhz only. Setting it to auto allows channel bonding at 80 Mhz.

Ah OK. Mine is set to Auto and chan BW to 20/40/80MHz. Guess that's why I didn't notice any issues ;)

Questions about this firmware:

1) What conditions have to exist for the beamforming question to show up in the Wireless > Professional menu? Am I even looking in the right menu?

2) What conditions have to exist for the router to work with the Android app? It sees the router, but it can't log into it.

Thanks!

Questions about this firmware:

1) What conditions have to exist for the beamforming question to show up in the Wireless > Professional menu? Am I even looking in the right menu?

2) What conditions have to exist for the router to work with the Android app? It sees the router, but it can't log into it.

Thanks!

It must be a model with Beamforming support, which means AC56, AC68 or AC87.

Is beam forming the same as AiRadar? The pictures at http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC66U/ seems to say the RT-AC66 can direct its beams, but there is no beam forming option on the Professional page?

Bruce.

AiRadar is a marketing label that applies to an array of techniques Asus uses to improve wifi coverage. Beamforming is a technical feature that is one of those techniques used by AiRadar.

Is anyone noticing rebooting issues again with the 1123 and 2524 releases? With both releases my router will reboot after 23 hours of up time or less , it has yet to reach the 24hr and beyond. Yes I did a full factory reset after applying each one and both don't seem stable at all at least in my environment.

I'm probably going back to 5517 since my router stayed up for over a month on that release, I just like some of the features in the newer release such as naming of clients, etc.

Before going back wanted to see if anyone else had run into reboots with the last two versions since I'm becoming suspect of my router itself.

Is anyone noticing rebooting issues again with the 1123 and 2524 releases?

No. I've never had any rebooting issues with RT-AC66U with any firmware. I've regularly updated over the last 18 months. Both 1123 and 2524 were/are rock solid stable.

No. I've never had any rebooting issues with RT-AC66U with any firmware. I've regularly updated over the last 18 months. Both 1123 and 2524 were/are rock solid stable.
Thanks. I put Merlin's 376.45 on last night and the rebooting has subsided so I'll stick with it for now. To rule out overheating I put the stand on it to give it additional room to breathe, that might be contributing as well. So far so good so hopefully it stays up without further issue.

AiRadar is a marketing label that applies to an array of techniques Asus uses to improve wifi coverage. Beamforming is a technical feature that is one of those techniques used by AiRadar.

Hello RMerlin!
Id like to first say how appreciative I am of your continued support for Asus routers. I can't tell you how much trouble I've been having with this AC66U until I found your modified firmware and now everything just works.

I do however have one question (not really a problem). I was previously running DD-WRT and had used the explicit and implicit beamforming options available in that firmware. I didn't do any back-to-back testing to see if it worked unfortunately. When I flashed your modified firmware I was unable to find any beamforming options. As you said in a previous post those options are only for a few models that support beamforming, AC56, AC68 or AC87. I was under the impression that the AC66U also supports beamforming since Ai Radar is a superset of the standard beamforming tech as I understand it (might have been explained poorly to me though).

I also saw from one of your posts last year, here, that Asus may enable support for beamforming in the AC66U at some point in the future. Does that mean the AC66U does support beamforming and that you are just waiting for Asus to put the code in so you can use it?

Also a bit off-topic but is there any chance for this firmware to support RADIUS accounting in addition to the already supported RADIUS authentication schemes? I figure this is a really long shot as even DD-WRT didn't have this option, seems to be something you only get when you spend a grand or so on a professional enterprise-grade router (but it would sure be nice :p).

Anyways, thanks again for the work you've put into this firmware. I was pulling out my hair over a constantly dropping 2.4GHz signal when running DD-WRT and was worried It wouldnt have stable WiFi over the holidays but your firmware has everything running beautifully.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!