What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U - Hide SSID in Repeater Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BasicBlue

Occasional Visitor
Hello All,

I am using the ASUS RT-AC66U as Access Point in Repeater Mode. I have both a 2.4 & 5G WiFi access setup. I need to hide the SSID for these networks but these options don't seem to be available in Repeater Mode.

I am pretty new to this router but would like to know if there night be a work around of sorts that would allow me to hide my SSID n this configuration.

Perhaps a telnet in and edit a text file or custom firmware. Anything advice would help thanks.

You can't hide an SSID today. Even when you do, you haven't. :)

I need to hide the SSID for these networks but these options don't seem to be available in Repeater Mode.

Add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the end of your URL and see what happens. You can hide the SSID and it's working. I just tested it for you.

Add /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the end of your URL and see what happens. You can hide the SSID and it's working. I just tested it for you.
This was exactly what I was looking to do. Was unaware of the advanced menu for control.

Great answer, Thank you!

@Tech9 : I have been trying to search for this hack since almost 1.5 years, but in vain. Thanks so much for the help. while I am able to use this for the 5G band (and have hidden it), when selecting the 2.4G channel, the page keeps flashing continuously, without coming to a halt, across IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox (in FF though after about 10 mins it comes to a halt, but clicking on Apply does not seem to do anything). I have disconnected all other networks on the system, to ensure I don't have any other IP interference. Also, I have the RT-Merlin 3.70 ( the last version to be supported_) on my RT AC 66U.

I know people are of the opinion, that hidden SSIDs are not of much help, but I can be a little peaceful, i all my SSIDs are hidden.

Can you please help ?

Also, I have the RT-Merlin 3.70

This was the last Asuswrt-Merlin release for MIPS AC66U, but not the best. Perhaps, Asuswrt base used for 380.70 is not good. Roll back to 380.66 and do what you need to do. Repeater Mode and Media Bridge are not stable with 380.70. It also has UI bugs not present in previous releases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online