What's new

Asus RT-AC68U 384.19 Firmware freeze issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

panpanbebe

New Around Here
Dear Forum users,
I recently installed RT-AC68U 384.19 Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware to my router, after running for about 20 days, I can't get into the Router GUI page, internet is fine but can't manage anything at all, has to unplug the power and do the hard reboot. What other settings will cause this router freezing issues? if anyone could shine some light will be really appreciate it.

1. My memory is about 56% free

RAM
Used
143MB
Free
113MB
Total
256MB
56%

2. I did clean up my NVRAM:

Internal Storage
NVRAM usage55156 / 65536 bytes
JFFS9.91 / 62.75 MB

Welcome to the forums! :)

Did you save a backup of your JFFS partition before you flashed the new firmware? Did you format the JFFS partition on the next boot? Did you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page, reboot at least twice, and then restore the backup you made?

Look in the 384.19 Release thread for more details.

I don't see where I can format JFFS partition? I only have this setting:

1600366033652.png

I found in the Administration setting: here is what I have, do I have to backup JFFS partition first? so I will need to check all "Yes" in both settings?

1600366365428.png

Last edited:
so If I didn't save the backup for JFFS before flash Asus-Merlin firmware it's too late?

I also issue this command to free up NVRAM resources:

for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Is this ok?

Last edited:
The jffs issue mentioned in the release notes is for the RT-AC86U. You don't have that model so it's not applicable.

You could try saving your current settings and jffs, doing a factory reset (with initialize) and then restoring from the backups. But it sounds like it would be another 20 days until you knew whether it had made any difference.

The GUI being not accessible is a well-know, old problem. This is one thread. There are more posts if you search for them. I don't think anybody has found the root cause, yet. I experienced it myself multiple times, once after 60 days of uptime.

Hello, i have the same problem on ac-68u, firmware 384.19. After 20 days asus app and web timeout

How fix it?

Someone post the from another thread issued the following command, haven't try it yet.

connect to SSH and do the following
service restart_httpd

Someone post the from another thread issued the following command, haven't try it yet.

connect to SSH and do the following
service restart_httpd
This seems to work for some, it has never worked for me. I always had to power down the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!