What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U - deactivate AI-Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlackMage

Occasional Visitor
how can i deactivate the ai mesh mode, if I accidentally activate it?

how can i deactivate the ai mesh mode, if I accidentally activate it?

AiMesh functionality is a feature. If you do not use it, it is not activated.

OE

but my fritzbox detects the mesh support..

and i can't compile asuswrt-merlin.

~/Development/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708$ make rt-ac68u

make[7]: Entering directory '/home/user/Development/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto/dso'
make[7]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[7]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Development/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto/dso'
making all in crypto/engine...
make[7]: Entering directory '/home/user/Development/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto/engine'
make[7]: *** No rule to make target '../../include/openssl/rc4.h', needed by 'eng_openssl.o'. Stop.
make[7]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Development/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto/engine'
make[6]: *** [Makefile:88: subdirs] Error 1

how can i fix that? i have ubuntu 22.04

Last edited:
but my fritzbox detects the mesh support..

and i can't compile asuswrt-merlin.

how can i fix that? i have ubuntu 22.04

That sounds like a different question for someone else here.

OE

can i exclude the ai-mesh function in compile process? (its only superfluous and thus unnecessary ballast). i try the compile next in freetz-linux-1.4.1.ova ( native in ubuntu 22.04 i dont get it compiled, see reply #3 )

and i must shutdown both routers and turn it on again(fritzbox first) until it is recognized on both routers(the fritzbox must see that the asus router is offline to unlink the mesh status, i think)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!