What's new

asus rt-ac68u disconnecting from internet issues firmware 386.3_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, can't help with that. I don't believe any consumer router should be used as a NAS. For security, reliability and dependability reasons.

The moment I change the settings relating to usb 3.0/2.0 or "enable HDD hibernation" , the disconnect problem comes about and the node went offline. But it came back soon .
Why are you changing that setting to enable HDD hibernation? Are you going to, or do you already have, have a USB storage device attached to the router?

Ive been dealing with similar issue for over a month now on daily basis and have not found a solution yet. I don't use AiMesh. The weird part about the issue, is that it only happens between 8pm and 11pm and there is nothing in the logs. 🤷‍♂️

Im going to reset the router, re-flash it with latest firmware again and configure it from scratch.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help with that. I don't believe any consumer router should be used as a NAS. For security, reliability and dependability reasons.

Don't put USB ports on a router if we shouldn't be using them for their intended purpose. 🤷‍♂️

That's not their intended purpose. If it was, they would just work. While keeping the data secure.

They're there for marketing purposes. Buyer beware.

What you see is what you get, not what you wish it to be.

Looked at another way, just because something seems/is possible, doesn't mean it should be done. Learning about the pitfalls is just as important as the 'benefits'.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!