What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3762 out in Japan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeffo

New Around Here
Translated via google translate:

firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3762 only use Japan, the global version of firmware is expected to be released in the first week of 2015

This release contains firmware and Adaptive AiProtection QoS, please press the Reset button more than five seconds to reset the machine after updating the firmware to avoid compatibility problems

new features
1. Add AiProtection triple safety maintenance measures, including improved parental controls and privacy protection systems
2. Add Adative QoS function, you can easily set the way by dragging the application or network device priority to determine priorities games, media streaming, VoIP, browser and file transfer and other network transmission. Security-related issues

Bug Fixes and updates
1. Fixed CSRF
2. Update Openssl repository to 1.0.0.o
3. remove the FTP link within Internet visitors

Bug Fixes
1. Fixed Dual Wan switch failure problem
2. Fixed VPN server issues related entity
3. Fixed IP issues under AP mode
4. correction FAT16 and FAT32 format, you can not uninstall Download Master
5. Wake network problem corrected UI Firefox
6. Fixed compatibility problems corrected IPv6 related issues
8 Fixed issues IGMP correction media server related issues
10. correction in repeater mode or AP mode, the problem occurs when UI QIS set of 3G / LTE
1. Support Huawei E161, E3131, E171
2. Support ZTE MF880, MF823, MF821D
3. Support Royaltek Q110

Last edited:
That's 376_3715, which is quite different.

It shows 3762 when I click on the link and select firmware. 3715 is listed below the 3762 version.

It does, however, state that 3762 is only for use in Japan and that the worldwide version would be released in early 2015.

It shows 3762 when I click on the link and select firmware. 3715 is listed below the 3762 version.

It does, however, state that 3762 is only for use in Japan and that the worldwide version would be released in early 2015.

Yes, I was going with that sentence as well as the firmware wasn't showing up under Windows 8 nor Others. Looks like it's the usual mirroring lag. That build only shows up if you select Windows 7 64-bit as the OS.

Yes, I was going with that sentence as well as the firmware wasn't showing up under Windows 8 nor Others. Looks like it's the usual mirroring lag. That build only shows up if you select Windows 7 64-bit as the OS.

The mirror lagging screws with my scripts anytime a new build comes out and i'm too lazy to monitor every URL so i'm usually just checking the "other" column

The mirror lagging screws with my scripts anytime a new build comes out and i'm too lazy to monitor every URL so i'm usually just checking the "other" column

I also only periodically check "Others" since that's the only category under which GPL releases appear.

Merlin,

Will your firmware eventually have to upgrade the bootloader on the AC68u to accommodate the new features?

Merlin,

Will your firmware eventually have to upgrade the bootloader on the AC68u to accommodate the new features?

I currently have about 8 MB of space left without needing to upgrade the rootfs partition, so for the short term, no, it won't be necessary. However, this can lead to a potentially messy situation, as non-upgraded routers will be unable to flash newer Asus firmwares unless they first flash FW 376_3606 or 376_3626 - the last builds that do upgrade the bootloader without being too large as to not fit. So because of this, I will need to come up with a plan. I'm still considering various scenarios, but for the short term I will probably release a special 376.49_4 build that has both the bootloader upgrader and is also compiled with 64 MB support enabled. That build would be usable as a "stepping stone" for those who want to be able to switch to a newer (378_xxxx) stock firmware. I was testing this out earlier today.

To be able to flash any of the newer 378_xxxx builds from Asus, you need two different things:

1) An updated bootloader (1.0.2.0 or newer)
2) The currently flashed firmware must support a 64 MB rootfs size (currently none of my firmwares releases do as of today)

So currently, people will need to first flash 376_3626 (or the cfeupd build I will probably release in the coming day or so) before they can flash any 378_xxxx firmware. Failing to meet BOTH requirements will result in a failing flash, and you will be still on the current firmware.

I'm running merlin build 376.47 on my 68R and its been the best. So what steps would I need to take to move to the latest merlin f/w

I'm running merlin build 376.47 on my 68R and its been the best. So what steps would I need to take to move to the latest merlin f/w

I suggest you to Wait for merlins 50 and when its out flash it then do hard reset then configure it manually.

I currently have about 8 MB of space left without needing to upgrade the rootfs partition, so for the short term, no, it won't be necessary. However, this can lead to a potentially messy situation, as non-upgraded routers will be unable to flash newer Asus firmwares unless they first flash FW 376_3606 or 376_3626 - the last builds that do upgrade the bootloader without being too large as to not fit. So because of this, I will need to come up with a plan. I'm still considering various scenarios, but for the short term I will probably release a special 376.49_4 build that has both the bootloader upgrader and is also compiled with 64 MB support enabled. That build would be usable as a "stepping stone" for those who want to be able to switch to a newer (378_xxxx) stock firmware. I was testing this out earlier today.

To be able to flash any of the newer 378_xxxx builds from Asus, you need two different things:

1) An updated bootloader (1.0.2.0 or newer)
2) The currently flashed firmware must support a 64 MB rootfs size (currently none of my firmwares releases do as of today)

So currently, people will need to first flash 376_3626 (or the cfeupd build I will probably release in the coming day or so) before they can flash any 378_xxxx firmware. Failing to meet BOTH requirements will result in a failing flash, and you will be still on the current firmware.

How can I check which bootloader version my RT-AC68P is currently running? Is it somewhere in the router config GUI or do I have to run a command via SSH/Telnet?

How can I check which bootloader version my RT-AC68P is currently running? Is it somewhere in the router config GUI or do I have to run a command via SSH/Telnet?

If you're running Merlin firmware, click on Tools.

If you are using the stock firmware, enable Telnet, then connect using a telnet client such as Putty or XShell. Once in, run the following command:

Code:
cat /dev/mtd0ro | grep bl_version

The AC68P I got a week ago came with 1.0.2.5 on it.
The TM-AC1900 has 2.1.2.1

Sam

The AC68P I got a week ago came with 1.0.2.5 on it.
The TM-AC1900 has 2.1.2.1

Sam

I suspect that the AC68P all have a recent enough bootloader, since this is a fairly new model.

The TM-AC1900 uses a separate bootloader numbering. The newer version required for the TM-AC1900 is 2.1.2.2, which should also get upgraded by the 3602/3626 builds. At least, Asus does include the 2.1.2.2 bootloader in these builds for the TM.

Anyone have more specific details on what's mentioned in the change log for IPv6? What compatibility? What issues? For me IPv6 has been very unstable through various builds, including Merlin's 376.49_x.

"Fixed compatibility problems corrected IPv6 related issues"

Anyone have more specific details on what's mentioned in the change log for IPv6? What compatibility? What issues? For me IPv6 has been very unstable through various builds, including Merlin's 376.49_x.

"Fixed compatibility problems corrected IPv6 related issues"

Probably hard to say more specifically, because the IPv6 stack was completely changed in this firmware. radvd and rdnssd were replaced with dnsmasq and odhcp6c.

Probably hard to say more specifically, because the IPv6 stack was completely changed in this firmware. radvd and rdnssd were replaced with dnsmasq and odhcp6c.

So this official release has v6 parity with the 376.49_x Merlin release?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!