What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3762 out in Japan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So this official release has v6 parity with the 376.49_x Merlin release?

Not completely. It's newer, so there are a few additional code differences. They are also using the latest version of odhcp6c as of now, which wasn't available a few weeks ago. But yes, the generic architecture is now identical to what I had enabled in 376.49.

Is 3.0.0.4.378.3762 (japan) will be the same release for NA and EU?
I already have CFE 1.0.2.0, can i try this version over .3626 before the Wideworld release? This is available for download here in Canada

Have no idea, but I would suspect there to be some differences. Kind of excited about all the bug fixes and new features.

Still having problems with using watchdog in Dual LAN failover mode.

An off-topic question but how do they actually detect the part of the world you're in? Serial number range tables? WAN IP geolocation? Some EEPROM value? How come the situations like "version xxx has broken 5 GHz band for EU/US users"? Or do they rely on users taking care to download the file appropriate for their region and the binaries are actually different?

An off-topic question but how do they actually detect the part of the world you're in? Serial number range tables? WAN IP geolocation? Some EEPROM value? How come the situations like "version xxx has broken 5 GHz band for EU/US users"? Or do they rely on users taking care to download the file appropriate for their region and the binaries are actually different?

The bootloader contains a region burned-in. All models sold in the US have "US", those sold in European countries have "EU", etc...

That region determines numerous parameters, such as which channels to make available.

I guess the global release is delayed until the 2nd week of January. Too bad, I'm looking forward to this release.

I guess the global release is delayed until the 2nd week of January. Too bad, I'm looking forward to this release.

Just what I thought. Very keen to get hold of this update.........hurry up ASUS :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!