What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3873

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maximvd

Occasional Visitor
A new firmware version was released by Asus:
-Fixed infosvr security issue.
-Fixed Cross-site request forgery security issue

If updating from 3813, is it still recommended to do a factory reset - or can I just flash the update and reboot?

If updating from 3813, is it still recommended to do a factory reset - or can I just flash the update and reboot?

asus didn't mention a reset , but if you were facing any problem with the previous version then it's recommended to do a factory reset.

I always do a factory reset (Hard Reset) whenever i flash a software and never faced a problem . it only takes 5-10 mins

I just installed this firmware and did a factory reset (3.0.0.4.378.3873). Has anyone checked the GUI on.... Network Map>System Status>Status Tab. my CPU and RAM does not display its current state. it just displays "NAN%".

update: GUI works fine with chrome. has errors when using IE.

Last edited:
asus didn't mention a reset , but if you were facing any problem with the previous version then it's recommended to do a factory reset.

I always do a factory reset (Hard Reset) whenever i flash a software and never faced a problem . it only takes 5-10 mins
Well the actual reset may take 5-10 minutes but reconfiguring your router afterwards could easily take hours. Or, you can use John's great little nvram save & restore utility and then it does literally take 5-10 minutes. 4 unix commands to backup your settings to a USB thumbdrive and 3 to restore them. You can even migrate settings to another router although I have yet to use that feature.

I just installed this firmware and did a factory reset (3.0.0.4.378.3873). Has anyone checked the GUI on.... Network Map>System Status>Status Tab. my CPU and RAM does not display its current state. it just displays "NAN%".

I have the same situation with IE 11, no display of CPU, RAM, Same with Safari.
Chrome is normal.

Last edited:

Can someone confirm if doing a Factory Reset (via Asus login gui page) is the same as a Hard Reset (holding reset button in back of router for 5 seconds)???

Do they both achieve the SAME result?

Can someone confirm if doing a Factory Reset (via Asus login gui page) is the same as a Hard Reset (holding reset button in back of router for 5 seconds)???

Do they both achieve the SAME result?

Yes, they both do the same thing. I never use the reset button, only do it via the GUI

Having the same problem. Annoying issue.

Issues I noticed (that others have noticed):

- NAN% appearing on CPU and Memory graphs (using Safari).
- Cannot change time zone, must input user name to do so.
- Logs still fill with NTP spam every hour. This started a few releases ago (does not occur in Merline firmware). I would prefer a way to turn off the spam or only log when it cannot update the time automatically.

Went back to the latest Merlin firmware. I am surprised that these types of issues managed to get by any sort of testing.

Hi,

Just bought a rt-ac68u last week which updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.376-3626 during the installation.

If I check for an update it says I have the latest!

So I'm a bit confused. Which is the latest release?

Cheers.

Hi,

Just bought a rt-ac68u last week which updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.376-3626 during the installation.

If I check for an update it says I have the latest!

So I'm a bit confused. Which is the latest release?

Cheers.

The release quoted in the subject of this thread. Download from Asus' support site.

Yup, all good on this firmware :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!