What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I could, but I am not going to, asus already has the feedback to investigate on.
If your intention is to keep as much people busy as you can, I wish you all the best.
The magic of support forums like these is to share information and help each other.
With dumping your issues here and only tell half the story (by not telling you already have a case with Asus and not issuing details) you make no friends, which of course is also not the intention.

If i consdered it something you could assis with, i would, But this is a basic clean setup with no more then values entered.

Hi!

I have 2 TM-AC1900 that were converted over to RT-AC68U about 1 - 2 year ago. Firmware updates have gone fine until this latest one. Updated the main one to 3.0.0.4.384.20648 (from 3.0.0.4.384.20624), and it reset back to a TM-AC1900. Thoughts?

Thanks,

GHTech

After 2 routers updated to 20648 , TM-1900 (AiMesh node) couldn't be found by AC68u (AiMesh router) anymore. tried hours but no luck yet. thanks for any help

Last edited:
wow , in that case i have to downgrade to previous version in order to use AiMesh on TM-AC1900?

Correct, although its not trivial to downgrade. There are discussions on the process in other threads, and people are also trying to figure out how to get the newer firmware's to work.

Hi.

I have strang issue.
My 86u is a AIMesh router, 68u is a node. When i connect to 86u by 5GHz then i cant ping my node, but when i connect to 86u by 2,4GHz then i can ping node.

Its normal ?

Hi.

I have strang issue.
My 86u is a AIMesh router, 68u is a node. When i connect to 86u by 5GHz then i cant ping my node, but when i connect to 86u by 2,4GHz then i can ping node.

Its normal ?

VANT, Just out of curiosity,
  1. Can you try using wired connection to your AiMesh Node and do a ping that way. I have occasional ping problems from my MacBookPro to AiMesh Node connected this way. I have reported via feedback and over in one of the AiMesh threads about 1-2 months ago, I think Arthur Lien is aware of it. So far the last 2 firmware updates did not resolve this issue yet.
  2. What if you are connected wirelessly to AiMesh Node instead (you can check BSSID using one of the Wireless Analyser), in this scenario I believe Ping should work (at least it works for my case)
  3. Do you have Wired Connection between AiMesh Router and AiMesh Node? If so, our problem may be somewhat similar.
As this is not a critical issue to me, I did not followup ... :) I am very happy with my AiMesh experience so far.

I have not tested wired connection. I will try, and raport here.

Hi.

I have strang issue.

Its normal ?

Not normal here. I can ping the node IP address listed for the node from Win10 5.0 GHz to router and from 2.4 GHz to router. To force Win10 to 2.4 GHz, I set its adapter property to prefer the 2.4 GHz band, watched it reconnect at 150 Mbps, and confirmed same in the router GUI.

My AiMesh is described here.

OE

Hi!

I have 2 TM-AC1900 that were converted over to RT-AC68U about 1 - 2 year ago. Firmware updates have gone fine until this latest one. Updated the main one to 3.0.0.4.384.20648 (from 3.0.0.4.384.20624), and it reset back to a TM-AC1900. Thoughts?

Thanks,

GHTech

Once it has been reverted to the TM-AC1900 firmware you might has treat as bricked. 5GHz won't work correctly, nor will USB drives. All firmwares will report having an invalid signature, even in the recovery console. As such you cannot revert to an older version of the TM-AC1900 firmware to enable telnet or ssh. Until someone finds another hack to login to the router, or to change the firmware signatures, it won't be possible to install any firmware updates or downgrades.

i did just minutes ago, it seems getting worse , there is even no AiMesh option anymore :)

Were you on 1.0.2.0 AM and 20308? It should work if you were.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can say too much more as SNBforums has banned TM-AC1900 hacking discussions.

Were you on 1.0.2.0 AM and 20308? It should work if you were.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can say too much more as SNBforums has banned TM-AC1900 hacking discussions.

Go to redflagdeals and look to one of the threads discussing this router. You still should not post illegal hacks. But at least they don’t block discussions and private messages.

I see that there seems to be a trend with this firmware upgrade... I myself recently noticed that I was unable to do certain things like rename my network clients in the GUI. I'm attempting to add one of my old Roku sticks but it doesn't seem to want to take... is everyone else basically factory resetting their devices? If I have to I will, I just know that it'll be a real pain since I have well over 30 devices and a media server...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!