What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45713

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scjr

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.384.45713

2019/04/11
39.76 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45713

Bug Fix

- Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer.
- Fixed VLAN bug for Movistar.
- Fixed the problem which causes lots of SQUASHFS error in system log.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 1029c47675545caca1723b0a53ac6956

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

Download link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438445713.zip

Update went well, no SQUASHFS errors and Trend Micro modules seem to be working. I tried testing at wicar and it logged a malicious domain and an IPS event, so I think they fixed the bug where it wouldn’t log IPS events.

In the latest version 3.0.0.4.844.45713 software, the downloadmaster does not work anymore. In the previous 3.0.0.4.384_45708 it worked well.
As usual, they must spoil something.

The firmware upgrade check log messages are still there:
Code:
Apr 14 03:57:07 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 1
Apr 14 03:57:10 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr 14 03:57:10 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
Apr 14 03:57:39 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 2
Apr 14 03:57:41 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr 14 03:57:41 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
No other anomalies so far.

After the upgrade, factory defaults and manual re-configuration of the router I have noticed a few outages of the router:
Wireless Clients suddenly reporting "no Internet access", router not reachable on it's IP address.
This solves itself within a minute, without new entries in the System Log.
Anyone else noticing the same?

After the upgrade, factory defaults and manual re-configuration of the router I have noticed a few outages of the router:
Wireless Clients suddenly reporting "no Internet access", router not reachable on it's IP address.

I have been seeing this on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and thought it was my wireless laptops as they are the same brand. I had updated the drivers without any change. Then I moved my wife's to another wireless network/radio and the problem went away on her system. I still see it on my system.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. At lease about this issue!

I've been having this issue on a couple of clients for a few releases, since at least 3.0.0.4.384.32799.
It has happened to me since upgrading to 3.0.0.4.384.45713 so the issue still isn't fixed but I'm not yet sure if its happening more or less frequently.

I've been having this issue on a couple of clients for a few releases, since at least 3.0.0.4.384.32799.
It has happened to me since upgrading to 3.0.0.4.384.45713 so the issue still isn't fixed but I'm not yet sure if its happening more or less frequently.
Have you/could we open an incident with Asus?

My wireless clients are Lenovo ThinkPads, X250 and X1 Carbon. I don't see it on other devices but these 2 get the heaviest usage by far.

I have been seeing this on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and thought it was my wireless laptops as they are the same brand. I had updated the drivers without any change. Then I moved my wife's to another wireless network/radio and the problem went away on her system. I still see it on my system.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. At lease about this issue!

Have you seen the posts and links above (posts 4 & 5)?

Are you both using the latest '45713 version? Have you both performed a full reset to factory defaults with a minimal and manual configuration afterward? Without using a saved backup config file? ;)

Have you seen the posts and links above (posts 4 & 5)?

Are you both using the latest '45713 version? Have you both performed a full reset to factory defaults with a minimal and manual configuration afterward? Without using a saved backup config file? ;)

I can only speak for myself but yes I'm using version 45713 that was released just a few days ago and I did a factory restore and set everything up again without using a config file.

For me this error occurs randomly and I've only been on this update (45713) for three days so I really don't know if it occurs more or less frequently than the last firmware. I'll have a better idea next week but it has happened a few times since the update.

Again this has been going on for me for the last several firmware releases and I posted about it here some six months ago and jumped through all the hoops – factory reset, resetting the clients, trying new cables, physically moving the router, ect...

It's really just mildly annoying and I don't think it affects all the clients. But including myself there are three people in this thread that appear to be experiencing the same issue.

I can only speak for myself but yes I'm using version 45713 that was released just a few days ago and I did a factory restore and set everything up again without using a config file.

For me this error occurs randomly and I've only been on this update (45713) for three days so I really don't know if it occurs more or less frequently than the last firmware. I'll have a better idea next week but it has happened a few times since the update.

Again this has been going on for me for the last several firmware releases and I posted about it here some six months ago and jumped through all the hoops – factory reset, resetting the clients, trying new cables, physically moving the router, ect...

It's really just mildly annoying and I don't think it affects all the clients. But including myself there are three people in this thread that appear to be experiencing the same issue.

Curious if you have tested the RMerlin firmware then? Or, is this issue not that annoying to you?

Curious if you have tested the RMerlin firmware then?
No I haven't tested Merlin yet. I was going to wait a week or so to get a better feel for this firmware. Or is this an issue that @RMerlin fixed but Asus didn't? I'll cheerfully try Merlin next.

Or, is this issue not that annoying to you?
I was just confirming reports of a bug so there is really no need to be cynical here. After screwing around with it in the beginning I decided it didn't affect me enough to keep f-ing with, (hence I find it mildly annoying vs extremely annoying), but I would like to see it resolved at some point. I'm sure it affects other networks more than it does mine.

i'll monitor futher. Im on this firmware n i have a lenovo ideapad 320 on the network.

Thanks. I have seen the issue most prominently on a Asus laptop and Dell desktop. They have Intel and Qualcomm wifi cards respectively.

No I haven't tested Merlin yet. I was going to wait a week or so to get a better feel for this firmware. Or is this an issue that @RMerlin fixed but Asus didn't? I'll cheerfully try Merlin next.

I was just confirming reports of a bug so there is really no need to be cynical here. After screwing around with it in the beginning I decided it didn't affect me enough to keep f-ing with, (hence I find it mildly annoying vs extremely annoying), but I would like to see it resolved at some point. I'm sure it affects other networks more than it does mine.

Thanks. I have seen the issue most prominently on a Asus laptop and Dell desktop. They have Intel and Qualcomm wifi cards respectively.

I have no idea how the RMerlin firmware will interact with your network and client devices, but I do know that RMerlin fixes bugs (Asus') before releasing his firmware.

I was not being cynical here, just clarifying how much the issue affected you. ;)

Anyone else see "Permita Login com Senha" in the Administration - System screen (Service section)? Everything else is in English.

And conversely, changing the language to Portuguese it becomes "Allow Password Login" with everything else in Portuguese :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I'm getting "no Internet access" as well. Or rather I should say still getting them.

I have 2 RT-AC66U B1 as the router and another RT-AC66U B1 as a mesh node. Previously both were on 45149. A few times every day the clients attached to the mesh note would be forcefully detached and get various errors including no Internet access. For a period from seconds to a couple of minutes the client has no connection. It's difficult to diagnose if the connection break is client -> mesh, or mesh -> router because pretty quickly the client abandons the mesh node connection and reattaches to the main router, restoring the client internet. Before long the mesh node will become available again for client attaches.

I made multiple attempts to figure out what was happening and fix it, but eventually to restore peace in my household, I had to power the mesh node down, living with dead spots in a basement bedroom. Note the router performs pretty flawlessly (except for the known dead spots in the basement) when the router is by itself with no mesh node.

I upgraded both boxes to 45713 and brought them both online. The disconnects from the mesh node returned pretty quickly. As far as the disconnects, I couldn't tell the difference between 45149 and 45713. The disconnects were about 3-4 times per day.

As it happens from a previous project I have a spare RT-AC66U B1 so I swapped that in as the new mesh node after doing a firmware upgrade to 45713 and a factory reset. No change in disconnects. Clients attached to the mesh node are still disconnected 3-4 times per day. By itself the router has no problem.

Rather than risk damage to my person from an angry family, I've powered off the mesh node again, just like it's been for over 4 months. Anyway, 45713 didn't fix anything for me (except for the much improved client list). I might have noticed more if I could have left it turned on longer.

I'm getting "no Internet access" as well. Or rather I should say still getting them.

I have 2 RT-AC66U B1 as the router and another RT-AC66U B1 as a mesh node. Previously both were on 45149. A few times every day the clients attached to the mesh note would be forcefully detached and get various errors including no Internet access. For a period from seconds to a couple of minutes the client has no connection. It's difficult to diagnose if the connection break is client -> mesh, or mesh -> router because pretty quickly the client abandons the mesh node connection and reattaches to the main router, restoring the client internet. Before long the mesh node will become available again for client attaches.

I made multiple attempts to figure out what was happening and fix it, but eventually to restore peace in my household, I had to power the mesh node down, living with dead spots in a basement bedroom. Note the router performs pretty flawlessly (except for the known dead spots in the basement) when the router is by itself with no mesh node.

I upgraded both boxes to 45713 and brought them both online. The disconnects from the mesh node returned pretty quickly. As far as the disconnects, I couldn't tell the difference between 45149 and 45713. The disconnects were about 3-4 times per day.

As it happens from a previous project I have a spare RT-AC66U B1 so I swapped that in as the new mesh node after doing a firmware upgrade to 45713 and a factory reset. No change in disconnects. Clients attached to the mesh node are still disconnected 3-4 times per day. By itself the router has no problem.

Rather than risk damage to my person from an angry family, I've powered off the mesh node again, just like it's been for over 4 months. Anyway, 45713 didn't fix anything for me (except for the much improved client list). I might have noticed more if I could have left it turned on longer.

Not clear from your post if you updated all your routers to the latest version, performed a full reset to factory defaults, configured them minimally and manually to secure then and connect to your ISP?

Anyone else see "Permita Login com Senha" in the Administration - System screen (Service section)? Everything else is in English.

And conversely, changing the language to Portuguese it becomes "Allow Password Login" with everything else in Portuguese :rolleyes:

Someone at Asus edited the wrong dict file for that particular string.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!