What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717 [2019/05/13]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The Node was starting to lose a lot of pings, every couple of minutes. I telnet'ed in did a TOP and saw nothing unusual. Log was boring. Looking at the router showed the Mesh Node being "Offline". Also nothing in the router log. So I rebooted the Node (several times) and it still shows Offline at the router. Something is hung in the router and it'll be late tonight before I can reboot it.

The Node was starting to lose a lot of pings, every couple of minutes. I telnet'ed in did a TOP and saw nothing unusual. Log was boring. Looking at the router showed the Mesh Node being "Offline". Also nothing in the router log. So I rebooted the Node (several times) and it still shows Offline at the router. Something is hung in the router and it'll be late tonight before I can reboot it.

I was able to reboot the router late last night and that restored normal mesh operation. The Mesh Node is once again showing online at the router. Clients are attaching normally to the node again.

I have just noticed on 45717 that though the Reboot option appears to take effect, with no router access for 30 seconds or so, the router doesn't actually properly reboot. Discovered this when I had a VPN up temporarily (PPTP) to other unit in another country over a slow link and disconnecting the PPTP VPN from the menu didn't actually take it down and neither did rebooting either the host or remote router via the web interface ..because they weren't actually rebooting. The system uptime stays exactly the same through the supposed web reboot function.

Not being able to turn a PPTP VPN off without manually rebooting the router (which fixed the issue) is a real pain.

I have two routers with an 86U as master with a 68U as a mesh node.

My 2.4 GHz isn't working since May 23, I try restart, I try restore, but uncessfful all this, I have the log saved here, somebody can help me, the time of stop i don't know exactly but i remember maybe 19:00, I use the router GT-AC5300, I'm using the firmware 45717

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    489.8 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
My 2.4 GHz isn't working since May 23, I try restart, I try restore, but uncessfful all this, I have the log saved here, somebody can help me, the time of stop i don't know exactly but i remember maybe 19:00, I use the router GT-AC5300, I'm using the firmware 45717

Test your router with a different AC adapter. Perhaps the adapter is out of order.

This version continues to fail every 2-3 days. The symptom is always the same. The mesh node posts the following line and then drops offline and unpingable for 2-3 minutes or like tonight, locks up and has to be power cycled to restore. The mesh node long shows:

Jul 2 20:41:45 rc_service: watchdog 243:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jul 2 20:44:13 acsd: scan in progress ...
Jul 2 20:49:58 acsd: scan in progress ...
Jul 2 20:50:02 acsd: scan in progress ...

That is the last 4 lines before a power cycle.

At 20:41 the ping tester started spitting errors. The node was completely unresponsive to pings. It showed offline at the router. It usually comes back in 2-3 so I waited about 10 and still nothing. I've seen this pattern at least a half dozen times. The node logs the start_cfgsync and then either becomes unresponsive for 2-3 (all the node clients flip to the router) or completely locks up and has to be power cycled to restore.

I reported this via the feedback function. I'm anxiously awaiting the next firmware update.

This version continues to fail every 2-3 days. The symptom is always the same. The mesh node posts the following line and then drops offline and unpingable for 2-3 minutes or like tonight, locks up and has to be power cycled to restore. The mesh node long shows:

Jul 2 20:41:45 rc_service: watchdog 243:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jul 2 20:44:13 acsd: scan in progress ...
Jul 2 20:49:58 acsd: scan in progress ...
Jul 2 20:50:02 acsd: scan in progress ...

That is the last 4 lines before a power cycle.

At 20:41 the ping tester started spitting errors. The node was completely unresponsive to pings. It showed offline at the router. It usually comes back in 2-3 so I waited about 10 and still nothing. I've seen this pattern at least a half dozen times. The node logs the start_cfgsync and then either becomes unresponsive for 2-3 (all the node clients flip to the router) or completely locks up and has to be power cycled to restore.

I reported this via the feedback function. I'm anxiously awaiting the next firmware update.

I'm getting similar lock-ups every two or three days..but only, it would seem so far, when I have the vpn server enabled.
Then the Internet indicates offline and the router stops routing traffic.

The log is full of:

Jul 7 08:10:00 rc_service: service 22328:notify_rc start_vpnserver1
Jul 7 08:11:00 rc_service: service 22373:notify_rc start_vpnserver1
Jul 7 08:11:00 rc_service: waitting "start_vpnserver1" via ...
Jul 7 08:11:15 rc_service: skip the event: start_vpnserver1.
Jul 7 08:12:00 rc_service: service 22418:notify_rc start_vpnserver1
Jul 7 08:13:00 rc_service: service 22469:notify_rc start_vpnserver1
Jul 7 08:13:00 rc_service: waitting "start_vpnserver1" via ...
Jul 7 08:13:16 rc_service: skip the event: start_vpnserver1

entries requiring a reboot to get it working again.

One step forward...two steps back it seems with the latest version.

My scripts at /jffs/ loosing the executable flag during reboot.
chmod a+rx /jffs/boot_runscript
After reboot the x Flag is gone.
This ony happens with recent firmware. If I downgrade to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 everything works fine.
Anyone else experienced the same problem?

My scripts at /jffs/ loosing the executable flag during reboot.
chmod a+rx /jffs/boot_runscript
After reboot the x Flag is gone.
This ony happens with recent firmware. If I downgrade to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 everything works fine.
Anyone else experienced the same problem?

yes known.

For a non-aimesh setup (single ac68u router), whats the verdict on this release? Any recommended releases to stay on for stability if the current is unstable?

I mainly use this router for wired-only connectivity, wireless does not get used on my router as all my devices are connected over ethernet so I keep the wireless radios deactivated so not too concerned with wireless issues.

Last edited:
For a non-aimesh setup (single ac68u router), whats the verdict on this release? Any recommended releases to stay on for stability if the current is unstable?

I mainly use this router for wired-only connectivity, wireless does not get used on my router as all my devices are connected over ethernet so I keep the wireless radios deactivated so not too concerned with wireless issues.

Use 45717.

OE

Alright guys just went back to 45717 after the failed updates they've pushed the last couple of weeks.. I get the below every 30 min or so.. What's going on? 1 router 2 mesh nodes..

nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_vlan2_vlan2)
Sep 9 18:17:28 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 890c91d
Sep 9 18:17:28 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
Sep 9 18:17:29 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 192
Sep 9 18:17:29 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Sep 9 18:17:43 rc_service: bwdpi_check 285:notify_rc start_firewall
Sep 9 18:17:44 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_vlan2_vlan2

Alright guys just went back to 45717 after the failed updates they've pushed the last couple of weeks.. I get the below every 30 min or so.. What's going on? 1 router 2 mesh nodes..

nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_vlan2_vlan2)
Sep 9 18:17:28 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 890c91d
Sep 9 18:17:28 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
Sep 9 18:17:29 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 192
Sep 9 18:17:29 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Sep 9 18:17:43 rc_service: bwdpi_check 285:notify_rc start_firewall
Sep 9 18:17:44 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_vlan2_vlan2
What router log is this from

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!