What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81049

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wouterv

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.384.810492019/09/0440.08 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81049
Security fix
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.

Bugfix
- Fixed EU 5GHz SSID disappear problems in EU model.
- Fixed Network map client list issues.
- Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved AiMesh compatibility.
- Improved system stability.

this one gave me a scare cause the update progress bar actually passed the 100% and reached 130% if I remember correctly.

For those interested, the same version, is also available for the RT-AC86U, via the GUI update for download, I haven't been available to find it via the ASUS website for download yet.

I have updated all my nodes via the auto update (GUI) and all went without a hitch. My current AiMesh setup is in my signature.

Last edited:
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.

Understatement of the year - according to what I see in the source code, they upgraded OpenVPN from 2.3.2 to 2.4.7, and Samba to 3.6.x (enabling SMB2 by default).

Understatement of the year - according to what I see in the source code, they upgraded OpenVPN from 2.3.2 to 2.4.7, and Samba to 3.6.x (enabling SMB2 by default).

Ha - and they didn't bother with a "bugfix" for httpd or lack of testing :)

@RMerlin, is this good news for the average user?

All not mentioned fixes are grouped under “Improved system stability”.
Usually release notes (not only from Asus) only contain a politically correct formulated list of cryptic described fixes and enhancement, this list shows usually only 10 percent of everything that is changed.
According Murphy’s law your issue is never listed as being fix, but will soon magically appear to be fixed as a side effect.
Besides fixes, a new release always breaks parts of the most basic functions, but you get nice new fancy colors or a new layout of menu’s in the GUI as compensation ;)

This release basically replaced 81039, so they didn't document fixes since 81039, only since the previous 41717 release.

@RMerlin, is this good news for the average user?

Security and compatibility. Samba 3.6 supports SMB2, which is more secure. Microsoft is phasing out support for the SMB1 protocol, which is no longer enabled by default on new Windows 10 installations.

As for OpenVPN, 2.3.2 was old and contained a number of security issues. The latest 2.4 also offers better performance, and more flexibility - however I don't think Asus fully supports these new 2.4.x features just yet (my firmware does). The move to 2.4.7 will also allow Asus to move to the newer OpenSSL 1.1.1 for it.

They also updated Curl, but that probably won't be visible to end-users. In addition to security fixes, it will also open the door to a future switch to OpenSSL 1.1.1.

this one gave me a scare cause the update progress bar actually passed the 100% and reached 130% if I remember correctly.

I have had it go up to 199% before. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this is frustrating, updated last week to the pulled fw, rolled back this weekend, then upgraded again last night. Mostly seems stable other than UI a little lag, and again getting nonstop of the below in syslog. I can't identify that Mac address to anything on my network so I'm not sure what to do. Rollback had a mostly quiet syslog.

Sep 5 22:57:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Sep 5 22:57:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Sep 5 22:57:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

Man this is frustrating, updated last week to the pulled fw, rolled back this weekend, then upgraded again last night. Mostly seems stable other than UI a little lag, and again getting nonstop of the below in syslog. I can't identify that Mac address to anything on my network so I'm not sure what to do. Rollback had a mostly quiet syslog.

Sep 5 22:57:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Sep 5 22:57:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Sep 5 22:57:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind D8:31:34:CE:F8:AA, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

I have the same issue and I don't know the reason so at the end I did a rollback to the previous version. I hope someone could identify this problem.

Its about time.

I think I might hold off on flashing this to my 68u node for abit (using 384.13 on router)

Its about time.

I think I might hold off on flashing this to my 68u node for abit (using 384.13 on router)

You already have SMB2 support with my firmware.

Correct, I was just talking about Asus' procrastination

Dunno why it took them so long, especially since they could have just lifted the necessary code from me.

They ended up doing it from the ground up on their own - at least they also used the same starting point as me (the OpenWRT port). Now I will have to harmonize our two distinct implementations.

One of my rtac68 nodes continuously becomes unpaired with aimesh overtime with this firmware update. I noticed it is one of the earlier rev. Rtac68. I wonder if that could be a factor.

SMB NOT WORKING with WINDOWS 10 V1809
SMB worked on my windows 10 machine set to SMB1 on built 45717

With the new built set on SMB2 only windows 10 doesn't see the drive at all!

With the SMB1 settings on windows 10 which worked on built 45717 I can see the drive.
However when trying to access the drive I get the following message:
Network Error.PNG

Am I the only one, or can you guys access your Samba Share drive after the new update in Windows 10?
I am sharing my samba on my local drive with guest login - ENABLED.

No problem with SMB2 on W10 v1809.

PS. Sorry i have rt86, not rt68....

Try factory reset on router.